Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Incuse Goodness :)

Previous Page | Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7
Pillar of the Community
Australia
513 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  05:32 am  Show Profile Check the-purple-penny's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add the-purple-penny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Don't have a scanner, just the pics.
I think the pic shows it's warts. Personally I like my decimals at MS66-70. The incuse is just unc, but considering they all went into circulation I think it's one of the better one's you'll find.
Looking under loupe at it right now, it has strike weakness in HM's hair and in the centre of the flag. This may look like wear in the images as the light reflects off the disturbed surfaces. It's not worn, a few bagmarks hard to miss in the vast flat fields.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
5048 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  06:05 am  Show Profile Check trout1105's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add trout1105 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Its all about the lighting.
These were taken at 3 different lighting conditions

Aim to Enjoy life. You only get one shot at it
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
5048 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  06:22 am  Show Profile Check trout1105's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add trout1105 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Having a rethink about the purchase price
45-50 for the coin add 30 odd for slabbing + dealer mark up
$97 is my make on this
Pillar of the Community
Australia
513 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  06:28 am  Show Profile Check the-purple-penny's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add the-purple-penny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Higher. I'd suggest dealer mark up is the big one here.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
5048 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  06:33 am  Show Profile Check trout1105's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add trout1105 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Greedy bugger I assumed about 20% mark up is honest
Valued Member
Australia
106 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  06:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add zic to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What about 400$? =)
Valued Member
Australia
106 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  06:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add zic to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Trout, the one you upload is the one you got for 51$ recently?
Pillar of the Community
Australia
513 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  06:44 am  Show Profile Check the-purple-penny's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add the-purple-penny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$400? Lower.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
5048 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  06:45 am  Show Profile Check trout1105's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add trout1105 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Trout, the one you upload is the one you got for 51$ recently?

Yes. EF or aUNC at best
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
5048 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  06:47 am  Show Profile Check trout1105's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add trout1105 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$132 Maybe
Pillar of the Community
1119 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  06:52 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add erkle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$120 tops
Valued Member
Australia
106 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  07:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add zic to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Guys are you serious? This coin cant cost 120$.
Lets try 250$?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
5048 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  07:55 am  Show Profile Check trout1105's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add trout1105 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Guys are you serious? This coin cant cost 120$.
Lets try 250$?

Are you serious? for that money you could get a 1932 florin in aGood and fill that hole that most collectors have in their Dansco's.

The incuse is only a curiosity to me and not the holey grail ( 1930 penny in unc).
Just my thoughts
Pillar of the Community
1119 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  08:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add erkle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ok you can buy it for me at that price ;)
Pillar of the Community
Australia
4411 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  08:17 am  Show Profile Check enworb's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add enworb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
From the pictures it is a very nice coin, far better than anything that ever goes on eBay. It has been grded as ms-64 which I would imagine is far beyond anything anyone else here owns? I will not guess because I know how much it was but $120 is a bit low dont you think.
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.American Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!SWCoins - We Love CoinsSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.62 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05