I can't get it down to its specific VAM and would like to enlist help of the " VAM Pros from Dover" in VAM'in it.
What am I, chopped liver? I'm from Atlantic City.
This is going to be a tough couple of days for me, work-wise, and it'll be Saturday before I get the chance to study this one in depth. It'll be a fun coin, I think, probably an early die state of something but still providing enough evidence to maybe nail it. If you could:
1) Point that nice magnification at the date, looking for doubling.
2) Determine if the mark from the 5th right star is a die artifact or PMD.
3) Detail the crack from left star #3-7.
4) Try to get the same magnification as you did for the "N" into the area around the eagle's right (viewer's left) leg to see if we can illustrate scribbles, if any.
5) Details of the seemingly-unique cracks in STATES - I think the S-T, E-S and O-F are unique enough to be of assistance.
Also, am I right in assuming that the schtuff above the E in ONE and below the eagle's left wing are just on the surface and not die artifacts? Same for the line to the left of the B in PLURIBUS?
And don't be worried if you don't hear from me for a couple days - I've about 90 minutes left to play today with a lot to do, and then I have to work, sleep 4 hours, and then immediately get up and work a long day Friday after which I'm probably going to sleep for 12 hours.