Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!
 All Forums
 US Coins and Currency Discussion Forums
 US Classic Coins

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

1916 d mercury dime

Next Page    
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Chewyduck
Valued Member
United States
158 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  8:49 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Chewyduck to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

I have searched and searched I can get this for 930.00. Is my desperation getting the better of me? Thoughts comments.

Valued Member
United States
158 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  8:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Chewyduck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Someone talk me off the ledge
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1490 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  8:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JimR to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry dude thats a fair price in my opinion. I paid $850 for a PCGS G-4 about two years ago. Go ahead and jump if this is what you have been looking for.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
3904 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  9:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CaptainFwiffo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's about the going price in G6. You can pay less, but only if you want a lower grade. That is an attractive example for the grade, IMO (in terms of color and surfaces).
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5473 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  9:23 pm  Show Profile Check BH1964's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BH1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks a nice example at a fair price.
ANA #R3154474
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1725 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  9:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add coincollect1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
nice looking coin too.
Pillar Of The Community
Coin Community SupporterSupporter!
United States
3927 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  9:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If it meets you collecting needs and budget ... I say go for it.

David
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Valued Member
United States
58 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  11:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add centsdimes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe I should have said:

It's a little hard to tell from the picture, but if the D is clear and IF YOU CAN AFFORD IT, buy it. I recently bought a 1916-d PCGS G-4 for $775 in Eugene, Oregon.
United States
13667 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  11:16 pm  Show Profile Check vermontensium's eBay Listings Check vermontensium's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add vermontensium to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a nice looking coin and solid for the grade.
I would pick that up for the price ;-)
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1024 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  11:56 pm  Show Profile Check specksynder's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add specksynder to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I saw it's a good price, and I think it's a decent coin. Go for it!
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
659 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  02:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Peter4805 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you don't take the plunge you might always regret it.
United States
13667 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  02:45 am  Show Profile Check vermontensium's eBay Listings Check vermontensium's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add vermontensium to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
BTW, you CANNOT go wrong with key-dates for the long term. There will only be an upside especially a nice collector grade such as this
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2531 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  02:49 am  Show Profile Check macmercury's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add macmercury to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Plenty of G-3 out there, but not G-6 and above.

If that's what you want, then go for it!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1323 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  08:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jeffrose to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
with "all of the above".

pull the trigger
OPEN 24 HRS (but not in a row)
Pillar Of The Community
United States
8246 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  09:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice, attractive and only one grade overgraded instead of two. The rims are almost complete and often one this nice would be called a VG-8 by the services.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
4158 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  11:17 am  Show Profile Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Centsdimes.....I would love to see a pic of that dime. That's from my neck of the woods.
Oregon coin geek.....*** GO BEAVS ! ! ! ***
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageSWCoins - We Love Coins$20 Pure Silver Coin - Candy Cane Proof with Murano Glass
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified Vams   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.73 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05