Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1916 d mercury dime

Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
158 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  8:49 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Chewyduck to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

I have searched and searched I can get this for 930.00. Is my desperation getting the better of me? Thoughts comments.

Valued Member
United States
158 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  8:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Chewyduck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Someone talk me off the ledge
Pillar of the Community
United States
1490 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  8:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JimR to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry dude thats a fair price in my opinion. I paid $850 for a PCGS G-4 about two years ago. Go ahead and jump if this is what you have been looking for.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3904 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  9:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CaptainFwiffo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's about the going price in G6. You can pay less, but only if you want a lower grade. That is an attractive example for the grade, IMO (in terms of color and surfaces).
Pillar of the Community
United States
5661 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  9:23 pm  Show Profile Check BH1964's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BH1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks a nice example at a fair price.
ANA #R3154474
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1727 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  9:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add coincollect1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
nice looking coin too.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4179 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  9:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If it meets you collecting needs and budget ... I say go for it.

David
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Valued Member
United States
58 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  11:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add centsdimes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe I should have said:

It's a little hard to tell from the picture, but if the D is clear and IF YOU CAN AFFORD IT, buy it. I recently bought a 1916-d PCGS G-4 for $775 in Eugene, Oregon.
Learn More...
United States
13992 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  11:16 pm  Show Profile Check vermontensium's eBay Listings Check vermontensium's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add vermontensium to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a nice looking coin and solid for the grade.
I would pick that up for the price ;-)
Pillar of the Community
United States
1035 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2012  11:56 pm  Show Profile Check specksynder's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add specksynder to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I saw it's a good price, and I think it's a decent coin. Go for it!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
659 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  02:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Peter4805 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you don't take the plunge you might always regret it.
Learn More...
United States
13992 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  02:45 am  Show Profile Check vermontensium's eBay Listings Check vermontensium's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add vermontensium to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
BTW, you CANNOT go wrong with key-dates for the long term. There will only be an upside especially a nice collector grade such as this
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2586 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  02:49 am  Show Profile Check macmercury's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add macmercury to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Plenty of G-3 out there, but not G-6 and above.

If that's what you want, then go for it!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1324 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  08:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jeffrose to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
with "all of the above".

pull the trigger
OPEN 24 HRS (but not in a row)
Pillar of the Community
United States
8837 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  09:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice, attractive and only one grade overgraded instead of two. The rims are almost complete and often one this nice would be called a VG-8 by the services.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4782 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  11:17 am  Show Profile Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Centsdimes.....I would love to see a pic of that dime. That's from my neck of the woods.
Oregon coin geek.....*** GO BEAVS ! ! ! ***
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!SWCoins - We Love CoinsCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 2.24 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05