Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Lincolnania

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
398 Posts
 Posted 03/17/2012  1:18 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Penny Guy to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

An offshoot of my interest in history is collecting Lincoln related items. Here is the medal comissioned by the Centennial Committee of New York to commemorate the 100th anniversary of Lincoln's birth. This medal was designed by the noted sculptor Bella Lyon Pratt.

Let's see your favorite Lincoln items

Valued Member
United States
62 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2012  01:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add crownman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I also collect Lincoln related stuff but it takes a back seat most of the time to my bullion interests. I do have the same medal except "silvered". Do you have any ballpark figure for the mintage #'s for these medals? I really need to get "Lincoln in Numismatics" by Robert P. King but it is a rare book and can't be found for less than ~$150!
Rest in Peace
United States
9104 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2012  08:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add biggfredd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I really need to get "Lincoln in Numismatics" by Robert P. King but it is a rare book and can't be found for less than ~$150!

So you'll snap it up for fifty bucks, right?
http://www.amazon.com/Lincoln-Numis..._hrd_title_0

also

Quote:
$4.00 used
Bee Creek Books
The Numismatist, April 1927. Vol. Xl, No. 4
an illustrated monthly for those interested in coins, medals and paper money. this issue includes: lincoln in numismatics, supplementary list ...
Valued Member
United States
62 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2012  1:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add crownman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh darn it biggfredd you're good!
That one copy is on its way to me right now! Thanks!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11120 Posts
Valued Member
United States
398 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2012  7:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Penny Guy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

I also collect Lincoln related stuff but it takes a back seat most of the time to my bullion interests. I do have the same medal except "silvered". Do you have any ballpark figure for the mintage #'s for these medals? I really need to get "Lincoln in Numismatics" by Robert P. King but it is a rare book and can't be found for less than ~$150!

That is a great example of the silvered version. The copper one I posted came to me in a 3" square black cardboard holder with the hanging ribbon attached as well as the original envelope the medal was sold in. I do not have the King book, but looks like you got a great deal on one. I did pick up the book "Collecting Lincoln" by Stuart Schneider. It is informative and covers much more than medals and tokens.

Here is a small (65mm x 87mm) Brenner plaque I picked up late last year. Still looking for the same size on green marble. I'll be looking at the Whitman Baltimore Expo next week.

Pillar of the Community
United States
731 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2012  9:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CheetahCats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Kind gesture Fred!
United States
46 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2012  4:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add augold to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
PennyGuy-

very cool photo. I like the use of the black reflective surface.
Valued Member
United States
398 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2012  4:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Penny Guy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks agold, but it's just a post production software feature. I can select the percentage of reflection, and the color or reflection with PhotoScape.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageSWCoins - We Love Coins
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.5 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05