Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Mr. Lincoln

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
158 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2012  7:46 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Chewyduck to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

I finally pulled my Lincoln. I like the reverse of this coin. I think I'm getting close to calling this a set. Only about 30 to go

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2064 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2012  9:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Are you working on a 50-piece type set or a complete 144-piece date and mint mark set?

In either case, sounds like you already have a good number of coins assembled so I think you can start using "set" to describe your efforts!

Good luck the rest of the way!

Collecting history, one commemorative coin (or medal) at a time!
Original content (c) Commems, 2012-2014
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4342 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2012  10:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agreed ... lovely coin and a fabulous piece of USA coinage history.

Pleased that you are sharing the photos with us.

David
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2277 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2012  11:41 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wquinn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Glad to hear you got another one to fill your set. How many do you have and what type of set is this?
Learn More...
United States
21618 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2012  12:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice!
Jbuck! ... Coin Collector since 1978 ... Learn more about my current avatar and my previous one.

Did you know that our members sell on eBay? Click Here to see CCF member eBay Sales!

Did you know that there is a better way to search eBay for the coins you want? Click Here for the CCF eBay Search Engine!
Valued Member
United States
158 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2012  5:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Chewyduck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's not much of a set yet. I am at 18 coins now and trying to pick up these old commemoratives as I can afford them. But as everyone knows, the cheap ones come first and then the acquisitions become fewer and farther between. When I look at the fine coins posted above, all I can do is dream. But I'll find my little space in the collecting realm that brings me happiness
Pillar of the Community
United States
3565 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2012  5:55 pm  Show Profile Check muddler's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Chewyduck, it's one coin at a time with dry spells and occasional multiple purchases. It's been close to forty years in my search and I have eleven to fulfill my quest of the type set.
Edited by muddler
03/22/2012 5:57 pm
Valued Member
United States
158 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2012  8:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Chewyduck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think I have 40 years left
Pillar of the Community
United States
3565 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2012  8:36 pm  Show Profile Check muddler's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I started in my teens and this is my favorite album.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
American Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesSWCoins - We Love CoinsSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW Mintage
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.47 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05