Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

You can't hide forever!

Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4
Pillar of the Community
Australia
503 Posts
 Posted 03/27/2012  04:03 am Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add FNQ to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

The familiar design of the shilling, featured on the 1991 50c has managed to elude me, no doubt in part, thanks to all those who have decided to souveneir this coin from circulation. You can't hide forever, and I have 1000 50 cent pieces with which to hunt you

Pillar of the Community
Australia
2815 Posts
 Posted 03/27/2012  04:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Peter THOMAS to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
best of luck, and you'll need it !
Valued Member
Australia
233 Posts
 Posted 03/27/2012  05:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mrcruise to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The odds are on your side
Valued Member
Australia
459 Posts
 Posted 03/27/2012  05:39 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dibby33 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My bet is on the last roll...
Valued Member
Australia
459 Posts
 Posted 03/27/2012  05:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dibby33 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
and how many coins - I can see at least $690 ...or I have a brain fade...

edited for first brain fade of evening... (was 1690)
Edited by dibby33
03/27/2012 05:47 am
Valued Member
Australia
323 Posts
 Posted 03/27/2012  06:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add larena to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
FNQ...can I go to the bank and ask for rolls? I have been getting bags of coin but I notice you have rolls
Pillar of the Community
Australia
8858 Posts
 Posted 03/27/2012  06:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
At the ANDA Sydney coin Show in 1991, The RAM was selling mint rolls of ram reverse 50 cents by the roll at face value. I bought two rolls. About a week later I broke them up and sold all of the individual coins to anybody who would buy them, also at face value.

I kept two for myself. I'm happy! I didn't really collect NCLT then, and I do not now.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
503 Posts
 Posted 03/27/2012  07:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add FNQ to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Preliminary results are in!

NO 1991 Rams head
Highlight: ANOTHER Incuse

@sel Face value sounds like a great deal, and so out of character for the RAM we know now...

@larena It depends on who supplies your local bank and the equipment they use - Armaguard up this way roll the coins.

@dibby There's $500 of 50's there - the 3rd bag at the back are 20's to keep me amused later
Pillar of the Community
Australia
977 Posts
 Posted 03/27/2012  07:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ozcoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have found several 91s, but only 1 incuse.
The 91s are surprisingly difficult to find, but tend to be in good condition when you find them. Similar(ish) with the 81 wedding 50c - There seem to be less than I would exprct and they tend to have little wear.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
4411 Posts
 Posted 03/27/2012  09:18 am  Show Profile Check enworb's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add enworb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have found several of these 1991 rams head also. I have kept a couple and sold 3 or 4 on eBay. They are definitely hard to come by.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4252 Posts
 Posted 03/27/2012  10:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add TheNickelGuy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
May the bird of paradise fly up your nose. in other words ... good luck.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
503 Posts
 Posted 03/27/2012  11:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add FNQ to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Commemoratives
2001 Federation States x8
1981 Charles & Diana x4
1988 Bicentenary x4

Varieties
1994 Wide Date x2
2000 Incuse Millennium x1
2005 WW2 "Boot" cud x4

Very High Grade
1977 x2

Other
2011 Coat of Arms x1 - first I've seen

Only thing left to do now is check through for 1985 and 1993's (or unreleased years).
Valued Member
Australia
490 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2012  12:41 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add steve - Oz 50c man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
woah! nice haul!
Valued Member
Australia
459 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2012  04:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dibby33 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Why did you not check everything in the first pass? Just interested in the methods used by other noodlers...
Do you (or others) have a printed check list that you have beside you - or do you do it all from memory like me and go insane and have to check the books every 40 coins!
...I might start a new thread on this
Pillar of the Community
Australia
977 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2012  04:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ozcoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was wondering the same thing Dibby.
I guessed that FNQ just looks at the commemorative designs, and then looks at the dates seperately.
Wonder if that was it?
Pillar of the Community
Australia
503 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2012  05:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add FNQ to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My normal process is to check and stack in a single operation - which involves checking coin for dates and varieties (from memory - I know what I'm after), with a flip to obverse to check for upsets before being stacked into date piles for collating year/type stats.
In this instance, I decided to skip the date stacking in eagerness to seek out what treasures were awaiting me, so now on to the more menial task of stacking and double checking that I didn't miss any key dates (I don't think I have, but we shall see).
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SWCoins - We Love CoinsSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.American Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 2.14 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05