Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

O Canada 12 coin subscription Series

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
Canada
90 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2013  11:50 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Rick735 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Hi,just joined last week.Has anyone subscribed to this set with the post office and if so have you received any coins yet.I ordered the subscription March 26 but have not received any yet.Any info would help.Thanks

Pillar of the Community
Canada
817 Posts
 Posted 05/05/2013  01:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jsinger21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,

I was thinking about it. I'm turned off by the high mintage. For double the cost and double the silver, I got the 1oz subscription which came with a nice box and a significantly lower mintage of about 8,500.
Valued Member
Switzerland
79 Posts
 Posted 05/05/2013  06:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Pixu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Rick735 & welcome!

Yes I did receive the first and second one already, the RCMP I only got the single ordered but not the subscription one, that is still processing on the mints page!
Canada
31 Posts
 Posted 05/05/2013  10:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Chadbk1977 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ordered my subscription just before the subscriptions sold out on the mints website, I received my first three coins within weeks, that makes it I received the third coin (r.c.m.p.) about a good month and a half ago already.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2395 Posts
 Posted 05/05/2013  10:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CC-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Received the first four but I ordered directly from the mint. It's unusual for the mint to ship before CP though.

For those still interest in the series, the shopping channel has a unique offer. You get all of the coins in clamshells and you get the collector box too. So you get twelve 'free' clamshell boxes.

The only problem is that they charge 7 bucks in shipping on each coin

The 1oz is nice too. Singles plus those going to the 6 coin 1/2oz will cut into the 40k mintage so there will be fewer 12 coin sets - I'm going to guess the final number of just the 12 coins sets will be 20k or so. Still high by todays standards.
Valued Member
Canada
90 Posts
 Posted 05/05/2013  10:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rick735 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the info.Actually I had the subscription with the Shopping Channel but cancelled.I was paying the shipping ($7.00) plus sales tax.In all that came to just over $50.00 for each coin.I was told by some coin dealers here in Montreal that there should be no tax what so ever except for tax on the shipping.In hindsight maybe I should have gone with the 1 oz.
Valued Member
Canada
329 Posts
 Posted 05/05/2013  11:50 am  Show Profile Check Cowboy905's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Cowboy905 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
the Oh Canada Subscription are pretty much the only coins I get from the mint that actually arrive on time.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SWCoins - We Love CoinsSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.91 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05