Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Native American Dollar

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
3992 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2009  5:20 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add daviscfad to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Are we gonna see a new album for this set or hopefully it is going to continue with the Sacajawea set

Learn More...
United States
21585 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2009  12:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good question.

Since there is only going to be one design each year, one could just continue to use existing albums; I think many of them are already pre-dated up to 2011 or later.
Jbuck! ... Coin Collector since 1978 ... Learn more about my current avatar and my previous one.

Did you know that our members sell on eBay? Click Here to see CCF member eBay Sales!

Did you know that there is a better way to search eBay for the coins you want? Click Here for the CCF eBay Search Engine!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3992 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2009  12:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add daviscfad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is what I am thinking
Pillar of the Community
United States
581 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2009  05:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Kabiye_Lady to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I find it very hard to believe that the people at Dansco, Whitman, Littleton, et al. are sitting around saying "Yeah, there are blank holes until 2011 - we've got nothing to worry about and we're already making enough money"

Rather I think there have already been meetings and decisions on how to leverage this into money - that is why they are making the albums, right?

However, having said that, it may be awhile because:
a. The economy is in the dumpsters
b. Let's face it, SACs or whatever you want to call the new coins aren't that popular among collectors which equals low sales.
c. For the time being, there would only be one year to fill.

I'm guessing we'll see both - updated SAC albums with "Native American" extentions and completely new Native American albums.

How soon depends on how much it costs to do an initial run of anything new vs. what you think you can make off it.

But there will be some demand, this is a given.
Edited by Kabiye_Lady
02/04/2009 05:28 am
Learn More...
United States
21585 Posts
 Posted 02/04/2009  11:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
How soon depends on how much it costs to do an initial run of anything new vs. what you think you can make off it.
Dansco will make custom albums and the price is not much more than the retail cost; at least they did in 1996 when I replaced a few of my binders. The person I talked to said I could put "Jbuck's Most Awesome Eisenhower dollar Album" on there and it would be the same price. This tells me their printing method is modern enough to be easily changed on-the-fly. My point is that regardless of what they officially release, one could call them up and have a special Native American album custom made.
Jbuck! ... Coin Collector since 1978 ... Learn more about my current avatar and my previous one.

Did you know that our members sell on eBay? Click Here to see CCF member eBay Sales!

Did you know that there is a better way to search eBay for the coins you want? Click Here for the CCF eBay Search Engine!
Pillar of the Community
United States
581 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2009  2:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Kabiye_Lady to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The person I talked to said I could put "Jbuck's Most Awesome Eisenhower dollar Album" on there and it would be the same price.

Hmmm. Sounds like Dansco threw down the gauntlet. Did you pick it up?

My point was: Of course, there will be new albums. If the coins were of slightly different diameter, you can bet new air-tites would be available before the coin! <--- I'm spending too much time on the silly icons.
Edited by Kabiye_Lady
02/05/2009 2:15 pm
Learn More...
United States
21585 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2009  2:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Sounds like Dansco threw down the gauntlet. Did you pick it up?
Sadly, no. I just had them recreate my Eisenhower, Kennedy, and Lincoln binders exactly as they were. These were my first three albums and I did not give them the best treatment the first few years.
Fortunately the pages held up!

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesSWCoins - We Love CoinsAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.98 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05