Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

OK... I am stumped once again! | Cairo (Egypt) parking token

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
1455 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2010  2:38 pm Show Profile Check COINAHOLIC's eCrater Listings Bookmark this topic Add COINAHOLIC to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Any help as to Country would be great.

Identified - moved to Tokens forum - Sap

**** 183 Countries and Counting! ****

Coins For Trade

COINAHOLICS 12 STEP STORE World coins and who knows...just a spot for my fellow addicts
Pillar of the Community
United States
2605 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2010  6:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add svslav to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like some kind of utilities token (electricity, water). That gear makes me think of Algeria. Could be way off!
Valued Member
United States
285 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2010  6:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add albumcollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have no idea, but that is a really unique/strange looking coin!
Learn More...
Australia
11300 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2010  9:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Sap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Item #687 on this page reports to be a

Quote:
Cairo Parking Meter token (not tramway as first thought) Cog & 3 shields rev. rev. Arabic Aluminium 23mm.

Here's their pic. The "three shields" are actually three Arabian-style arches, with three minarets in silhouette and "al-Qahira" (Cairo) in Arabic written underneath. The same symbolism and stylized script can be seen on the flag of Cairo. "Al-Qahirat" is also the Arabic word on the left side of the thunderbolt symbol on the token.
Don't say "infinitely" when you mean "very"; otherwise, you'll have no word left when you want to talk about something really infinite. - C. S. Lewis
Pillar of the Community
United States
1455 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2010  10:59 pm  Show Profile Check COINAHOLIC's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add COINAHOLIC to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sap, you never cease to amaze me! That is it! Thank you so much! Your extensive collection of catalogs an knowledge are outstanding!

svslav, I looked through everything Algeria, as the gear idea would have suggested. So thank you also!

**** 183 Countries and Counting! ****

Coins For Trade

COINAHOLICS 12 STEP STORE World coins and who knows...just a spot for my fellow addicts
Russian Federation
18 Posts
 Posted 12/21/2011  10:41 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Romario to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have similar token.
I've shown your token and my token at World of Coins website.
Afrasi said that your token is for the trolley bus, double fare.

Exists also for single fare. There were similar pieces also for the tram, also single and double fare.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageSWCoins - We Love CoinsCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05