Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Emergency note project

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
455 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2010  8:01 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add bvalania to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Trying to put together a set from each print, here's what I have so far. Having a tough time finding the F-C and *-A notes for both series. Hawaii A-C, S-C, and Y-B are in transit to me. Same with N. Africa B-C...

Pillar of the Community
3660 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2010  10:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add zeewool to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is certainly possible, but the FC blocks will be tough as only 12,000 of each variety were printed. Most of the examples available will be high grade as well, shooting the prices up even more. The Hawaii stars are readily available in all grades, but the N.Africa star is kinda tough.

Good luck to you in your quest.
Valued Member
United States
455 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2010  10:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bvalania to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you. What range should I be expecting to pay for F-C and *-A in VF condition.
Pillar of the Community
3660 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2010  11:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add zeewool to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As for the FC notes, locating one in VF may turn out to be the biggest battle. These notes were not intended for issue outside of the continental U.S. They were printed as souvenirs for folks here in the lower 48, and as such, didn't normally see much circulation. Despite the low printings, they are not really all that scarce, but the premium remains as they are not offered nearly as often as the common blocks. If found though, my 'wild guess' would be around $150-$200.

In VF, the Hawaii star should be about $250, and the N.Africa star will run right at $350.

Valued Member
United States
455 Posts
 Posted 08/19/2010  11:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bvalania to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Every time I see those I get more and more jealous. Beautiful notes.
Pillar of the Community
3660 Posts
 Posted 08/22/2010  9:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add zeewool to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

I have been lazy and found that posting pictures of notes I have already scanned and resized are easier for me than scanning and resizing new notes......but point well taken bvalania, I won't post those particular notes again.

Here are a few that I have found for you, the North Africa FC is a tad high in my opinion though, (as are both of the Hawaii stars).

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-1935-A-Hawaii...aultDomain_0

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-1935A-NORTH-A...aultDomain_0

http://cgi.ebay.com/1935-1-North-Af...aultDomain_0

http://cgi.ebay.com/1935-1-North-Af...aultDomain_0

http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-STAR-NOTE-...aultDomain_0

http://cgi.ebay.com/1935A-1-00-S-C-...aultDomain_0
Valued Member
United States
455 Posts
 Posted 08/22/2010  9:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bvalania to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I didn't mean any disrespect, the notes are awesome. I always love seeing notes from your collection, especially your small size notes. I have only one large note in my collection, I can't seem to get into them.
Valued Member
United States
455 Posts
 Posted 08/22/2010  9:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bvalania to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the links. I do agree that the prices seem high. I'm going to have to be patient and wait for a better opportunity to buy the F-C and *-A emergency notes.
Valued Member
United States
455 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2010  10:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bvalania to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The latest additions:

Valued Member
United States
455 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2010  10:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bvalania to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
United States
455 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2010  10:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bvalania to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think it's going to be a while until I can afford the F-C and *-A to complete.
Canada
23 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2012  10:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 15turtles to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
first off, those are some sweet notes you got there, and I hae a question: I have a north african emergency note, denomition $10, has no star, it was the common year out of the two years (i forgot) about the same grade as zeewools $1 NAE up there............ do you guys know the price of it? help, help would greatly appreaciated
Valued Member
United States
228 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2012  3:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Left to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Roll Hunting Finds
2 buffalo full dates
3 war nickels
1 silver dime
1 NIFC
United States
8 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2012  09:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MMA10mm to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry, Turtles, I can't answer your question, only add one of my own:

I know writing on bills generally hurts the value, but what if the writing on a Hawaiin note was by a GI recording the dates he landed on islands through the Pacific after shipping out of hawaii in June, 1944? Does it help, hurt, or a wash?
Rest in Peace
United States
9104 Posts
 Posted 03/25/2012  07:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add biggfredd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
, MMA10mm!

You have described a short snorter, collectable in their own right.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageSWCoins - We Love Coins
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 2.48 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05