Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

to err is sweet, where coins are involved.

Previous Page | Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 16
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
3352 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2012  07:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stevex6 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
bosox => I tried looking-up "Turner RB14", but I didn't find anything?

Can you please elaborate a bit more and explain to me what a "Turner RB14" means?

Thanks
Steve
Rest in Peace
United States
9104 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2012  08:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add biggfredd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The quarter in the first post looks like a PM operation to make it into a microfilm holder or snuff case. What kind of error is it supposed to be?
Rest in Peace
United States
9104 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2012  08:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add biggfredd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That quarter on the cracked planchet reminds me of the cc dollar dealer with a cc $ struck on a completely broken planchet.
Valued Member
United States
394 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2012  9:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bosox to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Stevex6 - Turner RB14 is a reverse die number. I have catalogued the known dies used to mint 1858 and 1859 W9/8 cents. You can find more info at the website in my sigline. Go to the "Books" page.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1610 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2012  10:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Apollo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice error coincollect1
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
1192 Posts
 Posted 01/17/2012  09:16 am  Show Profile Check Zonad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Zonad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"The quarter in the first post looks like a PM operation to make it into a microfilm holder or snuff case. What kind of error is it supposed to be?"

A dime planchet was struck on top of the quarter.
Edited by Zonad
01/17/2012 09:17 am
Valued Member
Canada
76 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2012  9:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dvereckis to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's a listing that I believe slipped by many error collectors due to the novice listing mistakes of the seller, I can't wait till they show up to take a look at the blank back 1975 penny. Read the fine print.
Item number: 370577214961 on good ol eyay.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
1192 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2012  8:42 pm  Show Profile Check Zonad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Zonad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's a new arrival which perhaps can be explained by someone more experienced. Brockage-Counterbrockage may be the term, or else maybe a brockage coin which followed a flip doublestruck brockage coin?

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
3352 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2012  8:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stevex6 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
awesome as always, Zonad
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4887 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2012  02:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1354 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2012  08:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add darryldarryl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice coin Zonad! Did you get it at a auction?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
1192 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2012  11:17 am  Show Profile Check Zonad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Zonad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Buy it now.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/35053611898....m1497.l2649
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1354 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2012  9:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add darryldarryl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations!
I must have been sleeping when that one poped up!
Well Done!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
1192 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2012  08:24 am  Show Profile Check Zonad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Zonad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Did some trading on the weekend and mad a couple purchases to add this group to my errors.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
3352 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2012  1:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stevex6 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
once again => outstanding errors, Zonad!
Page: of 16 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SWCoins - We Love CoinsCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 2.62 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05