Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Why you should collect Newfoundland coins.

Previous Page | Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13
Pillar of the Community
Canada
581 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2011  01:44 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MrCanada to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just started on Newfoundland, got the jump when I got a a great buy on 50cent and 20 cent pieces only need 2 to finish and 7 20 cent, just started a month ago, they seem like such a bargain, most of my last purchases for coins in this era are crazy expensive, in the 1000s. Its fun to get decent coins like an 1907vf for 25.00 1909vf for $30.00 also got an 18,17,11, 5 coins fine or better for 120.00 bucks. It's crazy.
Valued Member
Learn More...
Canada
277 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2011  4:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add motoryoda to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Okay, I will admit it...I took the plunge today, got a couple of Nfld cents....now I am hooked!
Signature? Hmm......let me think...
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
3352 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2011  5:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stevex6 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats, the first and most difficult step is acceptance

=> "I'm motoryoda, and I'm a Newfie-coin collector"

"welcome motoryoda"
Valued Member
Canada
130 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2011  11:30 pm  Show Profile Check fredor's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add fredor to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm looking to get some samples up here of the book that is incoming, I'm having issues getting it into a viewable PDF form. Publisher isn't working too well :(
Valued Member
Learn More...
Canada
277 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2011  3:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add motoryoda to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Okay, I broke down when I found some more today!

Heres what I got:
1 Cent - 1941C, 1942, 1943C
5 Cent - 1912, 1917C, 1941C
10 Cent - 1941C, 1942C, 1943C
50 Cent - 1917C, 2 x 1918C, 1919C

"I am Motoryoda and I have a Newfie addiction!"

Signature? Hmm......let me think...
Edited by motoryoda
11/21/2011 3:46 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
3352 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2011  5:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stevex6 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
... just "one" more (I could quit anytime)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
3352 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2011  6:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stevex6 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
well, if you're gonna collect Newfie, then ya might as well collect all of the Maritime Provinces, right?

=> my favorite is the New Brunswick 20 cents (only 2 of 'em)

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3620 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2011  7:59 pm  Show Profile Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I collect NFLD cents, but very tough to chase down in full red. Here is a fairly new acquisition.

"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

eBay Store: http://stores.ebay.ca/SPP-Ottawa
Edited by SPP-Ottawa
11/21/2011 8:01 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
3352 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2011  8:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stevex6 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Curious => is this a 1940 RE?

Edited by stevex6
11/21/2011 8:36 pm
Valued Member
Canada
130 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2011  9:00 pm  Show Profile Check fredor's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add fredor to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hard to say, it's quite blurry, I think it is though.

SPP - Very nice coin! I agree it is hard to find them full red as you barely see any on eBay even.
Valued Member
United States
394 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2011  9:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bosox to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
SPP - Is that 65 red ICCS? or is it the 66 red ICCS that has beening available for a while?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3620 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2011  9:36 pm  Show Profile Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is a 66 red ICCS - there were actually two available when I picked this one up over a year ago, and I got to pick from both. The one I think you are referring to, was in recent auctions (RCNA and Torex), and is perhaps still for sale. I found that coin, while has a brighter, newer colour compared to mine, barely belonged in a 66 holder.

This coin, I loved the softer, cartwheel lustre, and the fields/devices are almost perfect. It will find a new home in a PCGS holder soon. The <100KB images here are deceiving, I turned down the light trying to capture the softness of the surfaces and the near-perfect fields and strike (except for one tiny nick in the King's crown). It is without doubt, a 'Red' coin by PCGS standards.
"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

eBay Store: http://stores.ebay.ca/SPP-Ottawa
Edited by SPP-Ottawa
11/21/2011 9:49 pm
Valued Member
Canada
307 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2011  2:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add guppie1160 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
NFLD coins truly are undervalued....you can purchase really decent grade coins for a good price as very few collect and most seem to dump them to get the silver value....just think of all the nfld melted to date...hmmmmm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2533 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2011  12:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Gothic Florin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting that this section is here. I was in a coin store recently when some people came in to sell a tub full of random world coins. I took a look through it right after the dealer had purchased it and I grabbed this for $6. I collect GB Victorian and this jumped out at me. How did I do?

Oldest Found:

Cent: 1899 - Two Cents: 1867 - Nickel: 1916
Dime: 1943 - Quarter: 1964 - Half: 1917

Canadian silver:
Quarter 1966
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1549 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2011  06:51 am  Show Profile Check glenzy1's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add glenzy1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's a drop dead beauty currently on sale on E-bay from seller Kibe. It's an I.C.C.S. (old Certificate w/seal), Nfld., 1919C, nickel, MS-63. If the buyer cut this coin out and re-submitted back to I.C.C.S., I would speculate a minimum MS-64 grade and a re-submission to P.C.G.S. would net a minimum MS-65. See eBay Item

Glenn
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!SWCoins - We Love CoinsCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.89 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05