Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Reichsbanknote 1000

Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
99 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2011  02:39 am Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Yonatin to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

I was wondering if these were common given the year. I know this one in has a couple nice creases throughout the note itself, but is it worth anything? I plan to keep it no matter what but it is nice to know what I have.

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***

Edited by Yonatin
03/29/2011 02:40 am
Learn More...
Australia
11236 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2011  03:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Sap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The date "1910" is the date the note issue was first authorized, not the date it was actually issued. It was printed right up to the new design being introduced in 1922, well into the hyperinflationary period.

Notes with only six serial numbers are older (pre-1916), and more valuable.
Don't say "infinitely" when you mean "very"; otherwise, you'll have no word left when you want to talk about something really infinite. - C. S. Lewis
United States
27 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2011  04:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add opal to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To answer value, I see these on eBay quite frequently. Although people list them high they rarely sell high, most go for around $10-25 in VF/AU condition.

Hold on to it, it has a lot of character.
Valued Member
United States
99 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2011  09:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Yonatin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks guys, I planned to hold on to it because my grandpa brought it back from the war and he gave it to me.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2304 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2011  11:35 am  Show Profile Check carmykle's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add carmykle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, neat, sure beats my 5 DM I picked up in 1980.
Money can't buy happiness, but it sure makes misery easier to live with.
Pillar of the Community
United States
842 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2011  11:41 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ancientcoinguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The hyperinflation notes are very cool. I have a few, the biggest being Ein Hundert Millionen Mark. (Million in Germany is actually billion, so it is a one hundred billion note).
Pillar of the Community
Germany
772 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2011  04:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add augsburger to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Million is million in German, Milliarde is Billion, Billiarde is Quadrillion (ie 1,000,000,000,000,000!!) Shame they had no Billiarde notes, maybe had their world domination taken them to Zimbabwe it could have happened!!
Pillar of the Community
United States
842 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2011  8:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ancientcoinguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Aww man! I wonder what else my high school German teacher got wrong... :)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2304 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2011  10:31 pm  Show Profile Check carmykle's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add carmykle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Actually, I don't remember much about southern Bavaria except for Munchen during Octoberfest, Bad Tolz, and that Cathedral in Augsburg. I know it's not about coins, but is the Cathedral still there Augsburger?
Money can't buy happiness, but it sure makes misery easier to live with.
United States
1 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2012  02:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jcarter1208a to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

From what I have read about these notes, there seems to be a difference in the ones stamped with red and the ones stamped in green. Any truth to that? I just got this from a relative who passed away a while back, think I'll probably get a good frame and hang it on my office wall. Any ideas on it's value?
Thanks
Pillar of the Community
Thailand
1395 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2012  08:58 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add thai-vic to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Red serial no. and seal is #44.
The seven digit serial no. printed after 1916 tend to command a lower price. VG $5.00 VF $10.00

Green serial no. seal is #45.
Again the seven digit no. (reprinted between 1918-22)again lower value than the 6 digit. VG $2.00 VF $4.00

Hope this helps.
Valued Member
United States
301 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2012  09:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add lettow to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The notes with the red serial numbers were backed by gold. The ones with green serial numbers were not.

I just finished reading an excellent history of the hyperinflationary period called "When Money Dies". I highly recommend it to anyone who has an interest in this period. You can find it on Amazon.
Pillar of the Community
Germany
772 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2012  11:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add augsburger to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes the cathedral is there, but a lot of people get confused with the cathedral and the basilica which is more in the centre and has an onion dome rather than the spiked towers of the cathedral.
Valued Member
Bulgaria
180 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2012  05:50 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add goldcoin10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The RM 1000 its a very nice Note
Rest in Peace
United States
9104 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2012  09:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add biggfredd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Million is million in German, Milliarde is Billion, Billiarde is Quadrillion

So German Billion is our Trillion, correct?
Germany
14 Posts
 Posted 03/30/2013  11:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add littlejohn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi biggfredd,

that is correct.

@augsburger: There were Billiarde-notes in Germany
I could post a picture but I`m afraid I don`t know how...
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
American Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SWCoins - We Love CoinsCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW Mintage
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 2.28 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05