Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!
 All Forums
 World Coins and Currency Discussion Forums
 World Paper Money and Banknotes

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Soviet?

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
CFO
United States
28 Posts
 Posted 04/09/2011  10:16 am Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add CFO to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Interesting colors used in these notes...

Edited by CFO
04/09/2011 10:16 am
Valued Member
Sweden
315 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2011  7:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ngdawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All these notes are from the Soviet Union (USSR) and has the denominaton of 5, 3 and 1 Rubles. All dated 1961.
On the reverse you'll find the denomination written in the different langauges of the USSR.
My goal is to have at least 1 coin from each modern country.
Countries left: 19
Valued Member
Japan
71 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2011  06:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add goodwin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"Interesting" - indeed...

looking at these notes I remembered an episode from the "yeralash" - a soviet tv comedy series for children:

a little boy finds a dirty, wet and crumpled 1 rouble note on the street, brings it home, and decides to dry it by ironing, so he puts an iron on it, and the 1 rouble note becomes 3 roubles, the boy applies iron once more, and 3 roubles emerges as a 5 rouble note, then again - 5 turns into 10, 10 - into 25, 25 - into 50, the boy gets really excited... putting an iron to the 50 note makes it... - sure, it makes it 100!... - the highest denomination... then the boy decides to put an iron once more to see what would happen - and, to the boy's utter horror and dismay 100 rouble note happens to turn into 1 rouble... in desperation the boy tries ironing 1 rouble again and again but with no success, dejected he throws it out of the window, the note falls down on the road, and is 'found' by another boy... (episode "zaroyte vashi denezhki" ("bury your money"), 1990)
Valued Member
Sweden
315 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2011  08:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ngdawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, that's a nice story goodwin! Now I have to see if I can find that episode.
I wonder how many kids in the former USSR who tried to do this after the show
Valued Member
Japan
71 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2011  4:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add goodwin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i actually tried to find it on youtube and elsewhere but lamentably all to no avail...

the good thing is that you can watch it without any translation - there weren't that much words there as far as I remember...
Edited by goodwin
04/16/2011 4:59 pm
Valued Member
Sweden
315 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2011  6:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ngdawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yeah I found it! I just searched for it in google in cyrillic (- аройте ваши денежки) and found it immediately
Valued Member
Japan
71 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2011  10:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add goodwin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yep... now I also have found it...
the boy is not so little, but all in all memory served me well:

http://smotri.com/video/view/?id=v8525285116
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageSWCoins - We Love CoinsCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.17 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05