Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

another beginer coin photo shooter

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
59 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2011  07:01 am Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add biged239 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

First post shows gadget I built to shoot coins.
the following post are pics that I shot. I need lots of help so all comments are welcomed. .
Thanks Big Ed

Now that we got all the bugs figured out we can start over.LOL
This is the first pic. I took using my new gadget.

Good grief by the time I made it small enough to upload the pic was distorted. see below

Edited by biged239
05/12/2011 09:09 am
Valued Member
United States
59 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2011  07:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add biged239 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I guess the first thing we need to do. Is teach me how to upload images. I clicked the upload image.
I got the browser and clicked on the pic. that I wanted. I thought it uploaded but didn't. I tried twice still no luck.
Learn More...
United States
6577 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2011  07:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to upload a picture file to your post, it needs to be 90k or less

(that messed me up at first too)
Valued Member
United States
59 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2011  07:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add biged239 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fuzzy317
Thanks I will have to change my picture files
Big Ed
Valued Member
United States
59 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2011  08:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add biged239 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fuzzy317
There must be something else I am not getting. All my pics are under 50K.
Learn More...
United States
6577 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2011  08:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
file size & name are the most common I believe. Here is the link to the tutorial about Uploading Images
Learn More...
United States
14452 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2011  9:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bryan1315 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think the WB would be a good place to start especially on the nickel picture. first question is What camera and lens are you using? and then what settings are you using? Full automatic or manual settings? I really like your setup and I bet once you get your settings dialed in you will be producing some amazing shots. The camera is kind of shaped like my Canon t1i but the lens part doesn't look like any lens I have seen for the canon EOS camera's
Valued Member
United States
260 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2011  11:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add HeadsIWin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another suggestion is to remove the coin from the flip to take the picture.

I like your set up. Interesting.
Valued Member
United States
59 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2011  09:48 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add biged239 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bryan1315 I am using a Samsung NX10-QSM-SEA. I was using auto when I took these pics. The camera came with a zoom lens, I don't no the model I will have to look. But it is standard for this camera. I have went to a couple of good coin photo pages on the net and now know I will have to learn how to program my camera. That should be fun. Will post new pics after I get everything messed up. LOL
HeadslWin
I know now that I will have to put the gloves on and take the coins out of the holder.
Thanks for all the good response. I love this forum.
Thanks Big Ed
Valued Member
United States
59 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2011  07:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add biged239 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here are some new photos after playing around with light and camera settings. Getting better one step at a time.
Thanks Big Ed.

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesSWCoins - We Love CoinsAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.89 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05