Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

What am I missing? Seated Liberty Half

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
3339 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2011  9:19 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add rachums107 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

http://cgi.ebay.com/1853-SEATED-LIB...t_500wt_1156

This thing's worth $40! Why does he want $200?!
Am I missing something?

Pillar of the Community
United States
2657 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2011  10:22 pm  Show Profile Check SeatedNut's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SeatedNut to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
He's phishing. Hoping at least one person out there is clueless enough to lay out $200. There's a lot of that going on on the Bay lately with no listing fees. I'm getting bored with the place.
So many coins, so little time ...
Pillar of the Community
United States
3339 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2011  10:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rachums107 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
He's also got a Top Rated Seller rating-that should be taken away!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7089 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2011  11:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Moe145 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
He's wasting his eBay posting fees...

Quote:
He's phishing. Hoping at least one person out there is clueless enough to lay out $200.

That's the only reason that makes sense to me.
Links to ALL previous "Days of..." Threads:
http://www.coincommunity.com/forum/...08352#108352
Pillar of the Community
United States
1272 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2011  01:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Gyrene7483 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is the message I sent the guy selling this coin

Quote:
1853 Seated Liberty half dollar The listing for this coin ended without a buyer because your price of $199.99 is five times the actual value of the coin. It is people like you who make it very difficult for legitimate coin dealers and other honest people who occasionally sell coins on eBay to gain the trust of coin collectors and sell their honestly graded and priced coins on eBay

I'll post whatever, if any, response to this message here.

Ed
ANA LM-3175
Learn More...
United States
17629 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2011  02:00 am  Show Profile Check SsuperDdave's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I admire your initiative, Ed.

Chances are, what you hear back will not be appropriate to post here.
The best thing about a bicycle is that it uses no gasoline, therefore the chance of fiery death is greatly reduced.

Catman, Gary Burke, Bigg Fredd, coinguybrian, numismo, Johnny54321 - CCF members emeritus, now part of Heaven's Own Coin Club.

Our members sell on eBay!
Rest in Peace
United States
5375 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2011  03:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add coinguybrian to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
^^ agreed
Rest in Peace
United States
9104 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2011  04:44 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add biggfredd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
http://cgi.ebay.com/140560432355 (link, spyware removed)
Learn More...
United States
14452 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2011  2:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bryan1315 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree that these people usually just do not sell their coins but I don't really agree that it makes it hard for the honest sellers, because if you list a coin for a price that is reasonable for the item then it usually sells without any problems. If you list a coin with .99 with no reserve allot of the times you end up getting more for the item than you would have if you listed it with a BIN of what you actually wanted for the coin
Pillar of the Community
United States
3649 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2011  5:17 pm  Show Profile Check muddler's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A few years ago I bought this on a whim to fill a void in my type set for around $50. Much more reasonable than the above example.

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SWCoins - We Love CoinsSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageShop at PDS Coins!CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.89 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05