Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

whats the oldest coin you have?

Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
164 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2011  2:41 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add bugmanmiller to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

whats the oldest coin you have?

Learn More...
United States
21605 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2011  2:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Related topics...

What is the oldest U.S.coin in your collection?

how far back can we go?

Oldest Silver Coins You've Found In Change?

whats the oldest coin you have found in roll searching

I am going to move this to the Main Forum for broader appeal.
Jbuck! ... Coin Collector since 1978 ... Learn more about my current avatar and my previous one.

Did you know that our members sell on eBay? Click Here to see CCF member eBay Sales!

Did you know that there is a better way to search eBay for the coins you want? Click Here for the CCF eBay Search Engine!
Pillar of the Community
India
738 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2011  2:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add drnsreedhar to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My oldest coin is of 4th century B.C, from the Maurya Empire during the period of Chandragupta Maurya and Chanakya.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4270 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2011  3:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add VisigothKing to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Antoninianus of Roman emperor Gallienus, 253-260 AD joint reign.
"For as long as Belisarius lives, it is impossible for him to relinquish this city." - Roman general Belisarius, responding to a group of Gothic envoys, during the Gothic siege of Rome in 537 AD

Attributed coins in my collection so far - Roman: 238, Byzantine: 34, Post-Roman Germanic: 21
Edited by VisigothKing
08/10/2011 10:33 am
Learn More...
Australia
11231 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2011  5:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Sap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A couple of ancient Greek coins that date from 550 to 500 BC.
Don't say "infinitely" when you mean "very"; otherwise, you'll have no word left when you want to talk about something really infinite. - C. S. Lewis
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1151 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2011  6:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add yankee1227 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have 2 1787 colonial coppers.
"I'm living for giving the devil his due, and I'm burning, I'm burning, I'm burning for you.." Blue Oyster Cult
Valued Member
Australia
99 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2011  05:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Graeme to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Circa 315 AD Licinius 1, Roman bronze coin
Pillar of the Community
Australia
8872 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2011  05:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Silver siglos of the Archaemenid Kings of Persia, probably around 400 BC.
Valued Member
United States
404 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2011  1:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add akane17 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oldest non-us - Gordian III Coin from 240AD
Oldest us - 1807 Capped Bust Half 50/20 o-112 XF
Pillar of the Community
United States
609 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2011  1:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Hambone to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Silver indian karshapana around 300-150 B.C.
Valued Member
United States
158 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2011  5:48 pm  Show Profile Check coinsandcoins32's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add coinsandcoins32 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Acnient Roman about 300 AD
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12919 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2011  11:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Jbuck, either you have a fantastic memory or some secret key to every post ever made. Amazing how you find all those old posts about items.
I have trouble trying to remember where I went yesterday.
just carl
Edited by just carl
08/10/2011 11:23 pm
Valued Member
Australia
278 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2011  12:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Gecko to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
mine was a 1752 coin, In amazing condition.....

then I found out it was a fake one.
so I think it is 1890 now.... still new to this.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3294 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2011  08:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nod2003 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My avatar. 1802
Pillar of the Community
United States
9043 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2011  10:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some Chinese material from the third or fourth century BC
Learn More...
United States
21605 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2011  10:39 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Jbuck, either you have a fantastic memory or some secret key to every post ever made. Amazing how you find all those old posts about items.
I have trouble trying to remember where I went yesterday.
You were going to transfer your collection to me yesterday. I wondered why you did not show up.

I might as well show my oldest coin... quite young compared to the others posted...

Jbuck! ... Coin Collector since 1978 ... Learn more about my current avatar and my previous one.

Did you know that our members sell on eBay? Click Here to see CCF member eBay Sales!

Did you know that there is a better way to search eBay for the coins you want? Click Here for the CCF eBay Search Engine!
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SWCoins - We Love CoinsAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 2.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05