Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

A pair of 1934-A Series $500 to share.

Previous Page
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
507 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2011  12:24 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 3stooges to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice notes, Vinnie. Thanks for letting us see them.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1397 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2011  10:52 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Nickelman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My only high denomination:

Valued Member
United States
75 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2011  2:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Vinnie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
3Stooges - Thank you and you are most welcome.

Nickelman - Your note is fantastic and crisp! Thank you for adding it.

Anyone else have larger denominations to share?

All the best,

Vinnie
Valued Member
United States
466 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2011  3:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add googoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
sweet notes, I would love to add a 500 dollar note to my collection one day
Valued Member
United States
75 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2011  8:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Vinnie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wasn't planning on parting with these notes, but I may need to in order to fund another purchase. What would an average price range for these be and should I try to hold on to one?

I looked in the 2nd Edition of the Red Book of US Paper Money and here is what I found:

The '34-A $500 Richmond, Virginia is valued at $3,000 in EF-40 with no higher value listed for better grades. 36,000 were printed.

The '34-A $500 New York is listed at $1,100 in EF-40. I believe this note close to EF. 276,000 were printed.

The '34 $1000 Philadelphia is listed at $2,200 in VF-20 and $2,400 in EF-40. This one has a mintage of 33,000.

If anyone could provide current values and offer insight/opinions, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you and all the best,

Vinnie
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
American Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!SWCoins - We Love CoinsSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.77 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05