Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Hours of searching and still no idea | Thailand medal

Previous Page
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Thailand
1395 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2011  06:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add thai-vic to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Couldn't relocate the site mentioned in my original reply (it was in Thai but my wife is away for a few days) but have come across another one.
It's your medallion exactly but it's for $1,000! It is however wrongly described as a coin and as Rama VI. Because the seller is located in Bangkok one would have thought that the description would be more precise.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Coin-King-R...em336c8e3bf3

I'm not an expert on these so I really don't know if it is worth that much but if it was for sale in Thailand that's about 30,000 Baht, Whether anyone would pay that for it here I just don't know. I'd just wait and see how that particular auction plays out.
Valued Member
United States
466 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2011  09:41 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add googoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
very, very cool token
Definitely a cool piece to hold onto
Valued Member
United States
126 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2011  01:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ozerman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Definitely keeping my eye on this.
Valued Member
Canada
437 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2011  05:47 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add coinsnpaper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Chulalongkorn was the first "Modern" king of Thailand. He ws the son of the King in the "Anna and the King of Siam" book and movie.
Pillar of the Community
United States
560 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2011  11:45 am  Show Profile Check mmorgan22's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add mmorgan22 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi ozerman,

I actually have the same medal that you have. Unfortunately the ones that we have are replicas. I have done my research on this for hours as well. The actual hubs and dies for this medal were sold at a heritage auction on January 8th, 2007 herefor $6037.50 USD. Click on the pics at the bottom of the heritage link for high resolution images. If you exam these hubs and dies, you will find that things are different on your medal than on the actual hubs/dies. For instance, look at the reins on the elephant, on the real die they extend past the elephant under his neck, yours do not. Also look at the saddle on the elephant, the one that you have has a diamond pattern while the original one has a shield/crest. Not sure what the replica price is for this, but the one that Thai-vic is talking about may or may not be a replica, I don't know. If I could sell mine for $20 I would be happy though.
Pillar of the Community
United States
560 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2011  11:48 am  Show Profile Check mmorgan22's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add mmorgan22 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Note: You must sign in to heritage to view the larger pics. You can sign up for free. It's a great reference source.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
9693 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2011  1:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DVCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow...some really great info Thai-Vic!
Valued Member
United States
126 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2011  6:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ozerman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks mmorgan
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
American Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SWCoins - We Love CoinsSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW Mintage
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.5 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05