Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Louis L'amour token

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
Philippines
107 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2008  10:50 am Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add e-baguio to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

do you know where could I find a coin token by Louis Dearborn L'amour?

thanks!

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11107 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2008  11:46 am  Show Profile Check biokemist6's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add biokemist6 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Are you referring to the American Western book writer by the same name?
ANA R-3151318
Valued Member
Philippines
107 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2008  7:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add e-baguio to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yes sir.. an avid fan of his... I almost read all of his novels...plannin on collecting his books but I could not afford the shipping - I can't find leather bound books here which are the ones I wanna collect..

i guess i'll try first with lighter ones
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11107 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2008  10:30 pm  Show Profile Check biokemist6's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add biokemist6 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
He was awarded a Congressional Gold Medal in 1982 for his contributions to literature. I am not sure if this was a practice in 1982 or not, but current Congressional Gold Medal awardees also have bronze replicas minted and sold through the Mint's website. Perhaps there was a bronze version of his CGM minted in the early 80s but I do not know for sure. It is at least a starting point for your continued search- you may want to search eBay once a week, if they are out there one should pop up eventually.
ANA R-3151318
Valued Member
Philippines
107 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2008  2:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add e-baguio to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

yap I have seen one before.. but the seller is not selling internationally, U.S only..
Valued Member
United States
230 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2008  5:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add fiddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I the paperback of every novel he wrote. as well as most of the short story collections.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1827 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2008  8:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add snowman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It may be too late to find out if they ship international, but I just came across this on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/MIXED-LOT-of-75...NR_W0QQitemZ360075739680QQihZ023QQcategoryZ544QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Check out the copper coin in the sealed plastic!
Valued Member
Philippines
107 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2008  9:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add e-baguio to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

that's nice of you snowman sir... thank you very much but... unfortunately they only ship to U.S and besides their are too may coins there.... shipping of that to here would surely be greater than the cost of coins...

could I try to ask the seller to sell worldwide and to separate the other coin from the rest? I guess its too much of an asking...
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SWCoins - We Love CoinsAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.2 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05