Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Federal Reserve Note Series 1950 E

Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
United States
2 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2009  11:30 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Whip to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Hello,
I recently came across an old ten dollar bill with Federal Reserve Note printed at the top. After the serial number there is a small star I believe the bill was made in San Francisco. Can anybody tell me what this bill is worth? It was most certainly circulated but still surprisingly very crisp and had no tears or rounded corners.

I will try and link to the Picture that I scanned

Pillar of the Community
United States
3098 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2009  11:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wd1040 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hmmm... looks good and also a star note...

If you can find a buyer, probably $20-35

I seriously don't know what I'm saying... sorry!

I guess you can look on eBay for near-finished auctions for the ballpark price.
Edited by wd1040
02/17/2009 7:24 pm
United States
24 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2009  07:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dursin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1950E series ten dollar bills were only printed in 4 districts, San Francisco being the most rare. Value depends on condition, but in Uncirculated it could be worth over $100. In lightly circulated condition I'd guess somewhere around $50.
Valued Member
United States
442 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2009  7:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add clembo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Retail on the note is $110 in F, $200 in XF and $425 in Choice Uncirculated.

The way the market has been as of late it would probably sell at about half of retail. Decent looking note from what I can tell so I'd figure $50-100 to the right buyer.
Valued Member
United States
292 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2009  07:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dreamstones to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great find and

Ask lots of questions when you need to...these folks are extremely helpful and courteous!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3994 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2009  11:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add daviscfad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
now thats a nice 10
United States
2 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2009  11:50 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Whip to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So where is a website where I could find some collectors to buy it?
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2009  2:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rainier10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am a very newbie here...came across a 1950 E $50 that seems like it's in great shape...I'm attaching a picture after I convert it from .pdf...is this something that is worth more than face value? Thanks for any help!!
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2009  3:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rainier10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
here are two pictures...

Valued Member
United States
240 Posts
 Posted 07/16/2009  12:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dillon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats! That is a nice find!

-Dillon
Pillar of the Community
Spain
1361 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2009  2:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add manilagalleontrade to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
nice find
Valued Member
United States
273 Posts
 Posted 07/28/2009  12:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Siuol to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It could be just me but I think that the serial number on the 50 is slightly shifted to the right. Also I don't think that the two under the serial number is suppose to be in the border. Sweet find!
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2009  3:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rainier10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What should I do with this? I'm not a currency collector, etc... Do I just put this on ebay? I have no idea what price I should ask for...any help would be much appreciated.
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2009  4:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rainier10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Siuol, you're right about the serial number being shifted to the right...looking at it further, both serial numbers are shifted to the right, along with both signatures. Also, the seal behind the word "fifty" is definitely off center.
Valued Member
United States
273 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2009  6:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Siuol to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well you could do a couple of things. You could just post it on ebay and you will probably get a little more than face for the bill although I have no idea how much more. You could send it in to a place like PMG to get it slabbed. Depending on the condition of the bill this could increase the value but again I couldn't tell you how much. What I would do though is sit on it for as long as humanly possible and then sell it. In another 50 years or so it will hopefully be worth much more than you could ever get now. Hope this helps you out.
Valued Member
United States
80 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2009  3:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add richardschornak to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wait to sell it. Go to a local coin show, view dealers
who have multi-currency for sale at there table and
ask them for a quote: Are you willing to pay "ASK"
for this bill?
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageShop at PDS Coins!SWCoins - We Love CoinsCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.56 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05