Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Maximum Photo Size Restrictions

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2278 Posts
 Posted 07/28/2010  07:12 am Show Profile Check paleoguy45's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add paleoguy45 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Just finished my Type Set 1.0 and was looking to putting it up for comment; but with 75 or so coins, was wondering if 90K is the maximum file size allowed on the forum. I have seem larger photos posted, but don't how that was done. Basically anything I post that's over 450 X 400 pixels breaks the "900 barrier" and is rejected. Thanks! Paleoguy

"Life's a journey - not a destination" ~ Aerosmith
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2278 Posts
 Posted 07/28/2010  08:46 am  Show Profile Check paleoguy45's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add paleoguy45 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Think I figured it out. Just drop the resolution down to 50dpi...
Pillar of the Community
United States
3294 Posts
 Posted 07/28/2010  09:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nod2003 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Actually, what myself and some others do, is to upload the photo to photobucket, or another image site, and then use the [img*]www.whateveryourphotolinkis[/img*] (without the *) to link to the photo and display it here. No loss of resolution and nice big photos.
Edited by nod2003
07/28/2010 09:06 am
Learn More...
United States
16725 Posts
 Posted 07/28/2010  09:19 am  Show Profile Check SsuperDdave's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Any way you look at it, you need to reduce the resolution. I do so for every coin I post anywhere online; depending on the photo host, you can put up some pretty darn big images. The CCF Gallery allows 800 pixels in size; at reduced resolution that's only 200-250kb.
The best thing about a bicycle is that it uses no gasoline, therefore the chance of fiery death is greatly reduced.

Catman, Gary Burke, Bigg Fredd, numismo - CCF members emeritus, now part of Heaven's Own Coin Club.

Our members sell on eBay!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2278 Posts
 Posted 07/28/2010  12:27 pm  Show Profile Check paleoguy45's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add paleoguy45 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the info SD. Anything of mine over 96K gets tossed into the bit bucket. I can lower the resolution down to 42dpi and they generally will fit. My initial problem was trying to post them at 72dpi (highest resolution the internet will display)...Too large (file size-wise)for CCF.
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
6566 Posts
 Posted 07/28/2010  12:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You don't need to mess with DPI, just the jpg compression.

This image is 1000px x 500px and 93K and uploaded just fine....

Learn More...
United States
16725 Posts
 Posted 07/28/2010  12:34 pm  Show Profile Check SsuperDdave's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
^^ what he said. I vary filesizes using only .jpg compression; everything I upload is 72dpi.
The best thing about a bicycle is that it uses no gasoline, therefore the chance of fiery death is greatly reduced.

Catman, Gary Burke, Bigg Fredd, numismo - CCF members emeritus, now part of Heaven's Own Coin Club.

Our members sell on eBay!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.American Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesSWCoins - We Love Coins
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05