Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

eBay genuine rare 1930 penny 6 pearls Australian coin gf/avf

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Australia
31 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2011  05:02 am Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add leed to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

hi everyone I seen this eBay and just wondering what everyone thinks

Pillar of the Community
1244 Posts
Pillar of the Community
1244 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2011  05:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Australian coin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Eh
The dude just sold a dodgy over date threepence, so why would the 1930 be any better.
RUN.....
Australia
31 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2011  05:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add leed to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thanks for adding the link Australia coin
and thanks for the heads up not that I can afford it :(
$23,000 geeeez
Australia
31 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2011  05:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add leed to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
just looked he got over $1,300 for that threepence
how much you think it worth
Pillar of the Community
1244 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2011  05:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Australian coin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Der..
This was just added to the listing
"This coin will come with a letter of authenticity"
Gee wiz; I would want it verified with a proper company like sterling currency.
Or arrange the RAM to do verification. But if it's a fake they destroy it.
Defiantly not Downies as they got duped by fake silver coins that belongs to a bank that doesn't exist -- I would not have faith in them now.
Pillar of the Community
1244 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2011  05:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Australian coin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
wholesale I can buy a copy for $2
Australia
31 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2011  05:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add leed to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow how they get past Downies I thought they better than that
Pillar of the Community
1244 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2011  05:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Australian coin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Do you want to see a real 1930!
Check it out with zoom in and all.
http://www.sterlingcurrency.com.au/...0-penny-fine

http://www.sterlingcurrency.com.au/...ny-very-fine
Pillar of the Community
1244 Posts
 Posted 12/14/2011  05:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Australian coin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Heres the old post you can read about Downies/Macquarie Mint

http://www.coincommunity.com/forum/...&whichpage=1
Valued Member
Australia
477 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2011  02:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add nealeffendi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 1930 may (or may not) be genuine but it certainly isn't worth anywhere near $23,000. It looks very grungy and has alot of green. Not a problem free coin and needs conservative professional treatment. Lucky to be worth half that amount.
Australia
31 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2011  3:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add leed to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thank you everyone for their responce and information im learning slowly but still learning thanks to you all
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
5066 Posts
 Posted 12/15/2011  6:53 pm  Show Profile Check trout1105's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add trout1105 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If I had $23000 to spend on a coin I most certainaly wouldn't be spending it on an unseen and non authenticated coin on eBay.
Aim to Enjoy life. You only get one shot at it
Valued Member
Australia
56 Posts
 Posted 12/16/2011  12:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add LukeDARLING to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wonder if someone will buy it
Pillar of the Community
Australia
646 Posts
 Posted 12/17/2011  6:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MobOfRoos to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The latest Coin and Bank note magazine has an article with a checklist on what to look for on a genuine 1930 Penny. The reverse of this coin appears to be that of a genuine 1930 Penny.

The obverse is a bit less certain, the letters don't seem to quite line up with the beads like they should. The obverse is also covered in grime and has scratches around the kings neck, presumably from cleaning.

It may be a genuine 1930 penny but it is far from problem free. Recently there have been much nicer examples sold on eBay for around $20k - $23k.

The Magazine article also made an estimate of the number of 1930 Pennies in existence. The author estimated that there may be as many as 6000. He also estimates that 25% of them in collections are forgeries
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
5066 Posts
 Posted 12/17/2011  6:55 pm  Show Profile Check trout1105's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add trout1105 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those with the 25% wouldn't admit that they had been duped and paid for a fake.
Aim to Enjoy life. You only get one shot at it
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SWCoins - We Love CoinsAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW Mintage
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.98 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05