Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2012 First Finds

Previous Page | Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10
United States
6 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2012  11:58 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add AthenaWho to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had to open a new roll Quarters for the register at work and it had 5 brand-spankin' new Chickasaw-Ds. I trade a dollar for 4 and then when a customer said "keep the change" I grabbed the last one :)
Valued Member
United States
250 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2012  12:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add paparet to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you to those who are posting even if it is nothing found so far. National Park quarters have been very scarce here in NW Florida. I will find one every now and then. Has been very difficult to put together a set. Still have not found any 2012s here yet.
Valued Member
United States
250 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2012  10:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add paparet to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just as a reminder, we are into the February now. Any 2012 coin finds yet? Nothing yet here in the Florida panhandle. Thought we would see something by now.
Pillar of the Community
United States
659 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2012  12:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add penny man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
got a 2012 D el yunque quarter 2 days ago
Pillar of the Community
United States
2584 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2012  12:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Jayman931 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Penny man- Very cool! I am still missing 3 of the 2010-12 State Parks....but I guess I'll start looking for the 2012's too....
Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains taken to bring it to light.~ GEORGE WASHINGTON

Don't take it personal I am just straight forward.

Valued Member
United States
251 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2012  1:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ljenkins990 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got a 2012-D El Yunque in change on Saturday the 4th. Rather shocked, actually - I am not used to seeign any new coinage for a given year until spring, and it's usually cents first. Oh well, it was pretty cool - and the design is gorgeous.
Valued Member
United States
297 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2012  3:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Granite to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I haven't seen any yet in Michigan, but a dealer at a coin show I went to yesterday had a few full roles of 2012 El Yunque quarters. I just overheard the conversation so I have no idea if they were P's or D's.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1489 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2012  11:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petersun to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No I haven't found one yet. I live in Canada and havn't even found a canadian one.
Joined on Nov 05 2011
Became a valued member on Nov 28 2011
Pillar of the Community -- May 28 2012
Pillar of the Community
United States
3904 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2012  11:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CaptainFwiffo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have been too busy to roll hunt, I just finished off a box of dime and nickels I picked up before Christmas. I don't expect to start seeing 2012 for a month or two.
Valued Member
United States
139 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2012  11:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Jdot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nothing in Georgia so far... but I am kind of partial to the old stuff so a longer wait is fine with me.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1499 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2012  11:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bizybackson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Went to the bank on Saturday to get a couple of rolls of quarters for the laundromat this morning. Busted one open to feed the machines only to find a dozen or so El Yunque Ds in the roll. There's something awesome about getting shiny minty coins in change or in a roll that just makes the day so much better!
Valued Member
United States
112 Posts
 Posted 02/05/2012  11:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 1StarLight to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! Awesome! I found some ATB quarters in the 2000 (one bank wrapped box) I sorted this past week. I set them all aside. The Chickasaw ones are very shiny yet. Found 4 or 5 of them. Sweet.
Found Yellowstone, Glacier, Gettysburg, Vicksburg, (1) Mt Hood, (1) Olympic and the Chickasaw. Also found North Mariana Islands. Can't remember now what the others were. They are all sitting on my table in Rocky Point but I am in Garner tonight. Tomorrow I'm going to either locate some 50 cent pieces or another bank wrapped box of quarters to look through. I pulled out the best examples from my first search to hold onto. Will see what Monday brings.
Happy hunting everyone!
Edited by 1StarLight
02/06/2012 12:14 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
2584 Posts
 Posted 02/07/2012  11:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Jayman931 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just got a 2012 D El Yunque National Park Quarter. Now I just have to locate the bank that has the full rolls.
Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains taken to bring it to light.~ GEORGE WASHINGTON

Valued Member
United States
250 Posts
 Posted 02/07/2012  11:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add paparet to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like the 2012-D El Yunque quarters are out there. We haven't seen any 2012 anything here in the Florida panhandle yet but still looking. Thanks for the posts so far. Glad some of you are finding some.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2584 Posts
 Posted 02/07/2012  12:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Jayman931 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
maybe we can keep track where they are released....I'm in Mississippi

Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SWCoins - We Love CoinsSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 2.2 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05