Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2012 First Finds

Previous Page | Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10
Pillar of the Community
United States
4353 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2012  10:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add VisigothKing to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You're lucky then. Here in SE Florida, I still have not found any 2012 of any denom yet.
"For as long as Belisarius lives, it is impossible for him to relinquish this city." - Roman general Belisarius, responding to a group of Gothic envoys, during the Gothic siege of Rome in 537 AD

Attributed coins in my collection so far - Roman: 238, Byzantine: 34, Post-Roman Germanic: 21
United States
11 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2012  2:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Blunden to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got my first 2012 penny in change yesterday in MD.
Learn More...
United States
21886 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2012  3:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Still looking.
Jbuck! ... Coin Collector since 1978 ... Learn more about my current avatar and my previous one.

Did you know that our members sell on eBay? Click Here to see CCF member eBay Sales!

Did you know that there is a better way to search eBay for the coins you want? Click Here for the CCF eBay Search Engine!
Valued Member
United States
150 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2012  8:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add joshkellogg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Me too.. I found this last week though, does it count? It IS a '12...

Pillar of the Community
United States
1261 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2012  09:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add afcop13 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got a beat up 2012 penny yesterday here in Tampa. How is a 2012 penny beat up already? It was already discolored, scratched, etc. I tossed it into the zinc pile.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3904 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2012  09:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CaptainFwiffo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've got one that has serious zinc rot starting, and it was from a fresh roll of new ones.

I'm on my second box of mostly 2012 cents. They've got a handful (maybe 10-20%) of older mixed in, and I did find a 1919 wheat among those, but I do hope I work through the backlog of new stuff soon.
Learn More...
United States
21886 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2012  1:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Me too.. I found this last week though, does it count? It IS a '12...
Yes. Yes it does!

Quote:
I've got one that has serious zinc rot starting, and it was from a fresh roll of new ones.
I had a few 2011 cents like that and I remember a lot of 2008 cents came to me that way as well. Something in the water? Yes, the cents!
Jbuck! ... Coin Collector since 1978 ... Learn more about my current avatar and my previous one.

Did you know that our members sell on eBay? Click Here to see CCF member eBay Sales!

Did you know that there is a better way to search eBay for the coins you want? Click Here for the CCF eBay Search Engine!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2224 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2012  2:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add coppernickeldaddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wish I had seen this thread a couple of weeks ago. Two weeks ago today I got a few 2012 cents in change at a Speedway gas station; those were the first 2012's that I had seen. Later that day a bank I deal with called me to say they had a bag of cents that they just pulled off their coin counter (they call me when they pull cent and nickel bags off the machine to see if I want to buy them.) The bag of cents must have had 3 to 400 2012's in it. Not much else; the oldest was a well-worn 1911.
Valued Member
United States
112 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2012  3:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 1StarLight to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My newest year I got from some rolls of dimes is 2011 in P & D mints. They are so pristine! Oh, and also a Vicksburg and Chicasaw ATB quarter in pristine condition. The Chicasaw looks like it came straight from a mint roll! But, alas, no 2012's here in SE NC yet!
Valued Member
United States
150 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2012  3:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add joshkellogg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I literally just filled my 2011 D penny spot in my album So I don't expect to see a 2012 D for a while :(
Valued Member
United States
150 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2012  3:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add joshkellogg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh and thanks jbuck! I'll take a V nickel any day. Paid five cents for that bad boy.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1446 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2012  5:09 pm  Show Profile Check cipster's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add cipster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I've got one that has serious zinc rot starting, and it was from a fresh roll of new ones

Zincolns remind me of when I bought a brand new 1975 Chevy Vega - they started rusting out in the showroom.
Member ANA
Pillar of the Community
United States
4353 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2012  7:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add VisigothKing to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just found my first 2012 coins: two shiny 2012 cents
"For as long as Belisarius lives, it is impossible for him to relinquish this city." - Roman general Belisarius, responding to a group of Gothic envoys, during the Gothic siege of Rome in 537 AD

Attributed coins in my collection so far - Roman: 238, Byzantine: 34, Post-Roman Germanic: 21
Pillar of the Community
United States
775 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2012  01:49 am  Show Profile Check Coindog's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Coindog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just got a El Yunque Denver tonight. Straight to the album.
ANA member #3169039
Learn More...
United States
21886 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2012  12:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great finds.

Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SWCoins - We Love CoinsSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 3.86 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05