Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2012 First Finds  

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10
Pillar of the Community
United States
4642 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2012  10:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add VisigothKing to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You're lucky then. Here in SE Florida, I still have not found any 2012 of any denom yet.
"For as long as Belisarius lives, it is impossible for him to relinquish this city." - Roman general Belisarius, responding to a group of Gothic envoys, during the Gothic siege of Rome in 537 AD

Attributed coins in my collection so far - Roman: 238, Byzantine: 34, Post-Roman Germanic: 21
United States
15 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2012  2:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Blunden to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got my first 2012 penny in change yesterday in MD.
Learn More...
United States
25007 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2012  3:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Still looking.
Valued Member
United States
150 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2012  8:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add joshkellogg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Me too.. I found this last week though, does it count? It IS a '12...

Pillar of the Community
United States
1261 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2012  09:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add afcop13 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got a beat up 2012 penny yesterday here in Tampa. How is a 2012 penny beat up already? It was already discolored, scratched, etc. I tossed it into the zinc pile.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4069 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2012  09:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CaptainFwiffo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've got one that has serious zinc rot starting, and it was from a fresh roll of new ones.

I'm on my second box of mostly 2012 cents. They've got a handful (maybe 10-20%) of older mixed in, and I did find a 1919 wheat among those, but I do hope I work through the backlog of new stuff soon.
Learn More...
United States
25007 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2012  1:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Me too.. I found this last week though, does it count? It IS a '12...
Yes. Yes it does!

Quote:
I've got one that has serious zinc rot starting, and it was from a fresh roll of new ones.
I had a few 2011 cents like that and I remember a lot of 2008 cents came to me that way as well. Something in the water? Yes, the cents!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2224 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2012  2:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add coppernickeldaddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wish I had seen this thread a couple of weeks ago. Two weeks ago today I got a few 2012 cents in change at a Speedway gas station; those were the first 2012's that I had seen. Later that day a bank I deal with called me to say they had a bag of cents that they just pulled off their coin counter (they call me when they pull cent and nickel bags off the machine to see if I want to buy them.) The bag of cents must have had 3 to 400 2012's in it. Not much else; the oldest was a well-worn 1911.
Valued Member
United States
112 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2012  3:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 1StarLight to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My newest year I got from some rolls of dimes is 2011 in P & D mints. They are so pristine! Oh, and also a Vicksburg and Chicasaw ATB quarter in pristine condition. The Chicasaw looks like it came straight from a mint roll! But, alas, no 2012's here in SE NC yet!
Valued Member
United States
150 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2012  3:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add joshkellogg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I literally just filled my 2011 D penny spot in my album So I don't expect to see a 2012 D for a while :(
Valued Member
United States
150 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2012  3:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add joshkellogg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh and thanks jbuck! I'll take a V nickel any day. Paid five cents for that bad boy.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1537 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2012  5:09 pm  Show Profile Check cipster's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add cipster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I've got one that has serious zinc rot starting, and it was from a fresh roll of new ones

Zincolns remind me of when I bought a brand new 1975 Chevy Vega - they started rusting out in the showroom.
Member ANA
Pillar of the Community
United States
4642 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2012  7:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add VisigothKing to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just found my first 2012 coins: two shiny 2012 cents
"For as long as Belisarius lives, it is impossible for him to relinquish this city." - Roman general Belisarius, responding to a group of Gothic envoys, during the Gothic siege of Rome in 537 AD

Attributed coins in my collection so far - Roman: 238, Byzantine: 34, Post-Roman Germanic: 21
Pillar of the Community
United States
791 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2012  01:49 am  Show Profile Check Coindog's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Coindog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just got a El Yunque Denver tonight. Straight to the album.
ANA member #3169039
Learn More...
United States
25007 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2012  12:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great finds.
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2015 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2015 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.61 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05