Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2012 First Finds

Previous Page | Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10
Pillar of the Community
United States
809 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2012  3:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add lincolncentguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Like that 12 nickel!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1033 Posts
 Posted 03/10/2012  10:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ghostrider to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
From all the postings on this thread the only thing that I am taking away from it is the truism that the closer one lives to a mint the faster you get the new coins. The further you live from a mint the colder it becomes.

And where I'm at we are having a cold snap. I'm not expecting my first sighting until spring.
Pillar of the Community
United States
809 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2012  09:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add lincolncentguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We had 2012 Lincoln cents at the coin show yesterday. All P mint marks...no one had Denver mint marks. Rolls of P mint marks were selling for 2 to 3 dollars.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1033 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2012  7:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ghostrider to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't understand the 2012p pennies going for $3/roll. Unless someone is trying to make a killing right out of the box. I wouldn't pay that kind of money for something that in awhile I would be expecting to get at $.01 to $.01.

I think that the only time that I would maybe (?) pay a premium on would be if they were in special mint wrappers. I did that for the 2009's but 2012's as far as I know are nothing special.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3518 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2012  7:40 pm  Show Profile Check chuckster 125's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chuckster 125 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just found a 2012 lincoln shield cent roll searching and not in that great of shape either.

Northwestern New Jersey.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1642 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2012  7:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add M0nks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
didnt see this post before ha! but the other day I did a quarters box and found a few 2012 el yunques
Valued Member
United States
417 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2012  10:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tornandfrayed75 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I picked up two boxes of pennies this afternoon for roll searching.

One of them is a full sealed box of 2012-P.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1033 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2012  9:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ghostrider to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well today is a red letter day. I finally found not one but three 2012 dimes. These are the only 2012's that I've found to date. Two of them look proof like and the final one looks scuffed along the jaw line, but even then it looks good. I think that I got them at the local KFC.
Valued Member
United States
197 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2012  06:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Newmismatist to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yesterday my daughter excitedly brought home two shiny new 2012 cents. We're in the Chicago area.

I had offered my two kids a $5 prize for the first to bring home a 2012 coin from circulation. Less work for me, plus it encourages them to look at coins.
Valued Member
United States
250 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2012  12:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add paparet to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can't belive it! It is the third week in March and still no 2012 anything in sight here in Northwest Florida. We must have plenty of coins in circulation so that we don't need any new stuff. Hope that changes soon. Thanks for all the posts so far.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2586 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2012  11:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Jayman931 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
YEahhh....2012D Cents in Southern Mississippi....time to find the bank that is holding them for me 8)
Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains taken to bring it to light.~ GEORGE WASHINGTON

Don't take it personal I am just straight forward.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1160 Posts
 Posted 03/25/2012  6:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jprine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In St. Augistine, Fla last weekend to see the Moody Blues with some friends, got a 2012 shield in change from a restuarant. So far, the only 2012 coin I have seen.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2495 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2012  06:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bpoc1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
In St. Augistine, Fla last weekend to see the Moody Blues

Wow ! Talk about old times. I didn't know they were still playing. You show your age on that one "J". lol
Still no finds here in MI for me.
Valued Member
United States
163 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2012  06:32 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add War Nickel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2012 Lincoln Cent, P I suppose since there is no mintmark.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2139 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2012  10:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Still no 2012s! I don't do many cash transactions, and I've only gotten a few boxes for CRH this year, so that's not a big surprise, really. But I definitely want to start filling my 2012 holes though (guess that goes without saying).

And I really want to see those new ATB designs in person!
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SWCoins - We Love CoinsShop at PDS Coins!CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW Mintage
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.94 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05