Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

I need a litte help with getting coins graded.

Previous Page
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Rest in Peace
United States
9104 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2012  9:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add biggfredd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
shipping both ways, special holders for stuff like 5 oz ATB cons.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5270 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2012  02:12 am  Show Profile Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I don't want to hijack this thread but I'm thinking of getting some coins graded as well. Reading PCGS I see when you join the Platinum for instance , you get so many submissions free. Are there any other fees attached? Looking at the site it was a little confusing. Thanks

Yes shipping and return shipping is not included nor is anything beyond the standard tier, plus more $ for any speed service, variety, oversized, first strike, mint errors, etc. and some coins (generally high end/cost coins may not be suitable for the free grading certificates, some won't even fit in the category they offer, I believe you need a maximum value of $3000.00 any more you will need to use a higher priced service tier.

You must submit all 8 coins at the same time, they also must be similar in type, all us or all world.

Here is the exact wording copied from their website for the Platinum Package;

Platinum Member Benefits:
Direct submission privileges
One-year subscription to the online PCGS Population ReportSM
10% off PCGS supplies
Voucher for eight (8) U.S. or World coin submissions
All eight (8) coins must be submitted at once, fall under same type of submission, and be accompanied by the voucher
Voucher offer is not valid for Mint Errors, Special Issues, First Strike fees, Variety Attribution fees, Oversized Holder fees or coins valued over $3,000
All memberships good for one year from original purchase date and are non-refundable
By purchasing a Collectors Club membership and enrolling in the Club you affirm that you accept all the terms and conditions defined in the PCGS Collectors Club Agreement
Retail value of this package is $279.50

Cost $199.00 - US
Cost $219.00 - International
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982 • EAC Member #6202 • NBS Member • 2¢ variety collector.
Valued Member
United States
187 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2012  6:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add briank to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am wanting to submit a 1922 no lincoln. Do you think they'll hit me for a fee on that one (mint error?) Even though it's from a clogged or damaged die if I remember correctly.
Valued Member
United States
167 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2012  12:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ibab to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
briank - if you want it slabbed to say the mint error and what it is - then both PCGS/NGC will charge you for it. If the coin was not really a mint error - but rather how they all were... then I don't think you get charged anything for the designation.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesSWCoins - We Love CoinsCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.09 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05