Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Seen any Gettysburg quarters yet?

Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
197 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2012  8:16 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Newmismatist to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Although I'm strictly a silver-and-gold kind of guy, I'm also a bit of a Civil War nut, so I've been looking forward to the Gettysburg release in the America the Beautiful quarter series. The Gettysburgs apparently were released last year, but I haven't encountered any in circulation yet. Is anyone else finding them?

Pillar of the Community
United States
2621 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2012  8:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DNA to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've received more than a dozen Gettysburg-D Quarters in my change since their release.

Mintages of the 2010 and the first four 2011 issues were very low, and banks cannot order them as unmixed BU coins (as they could for the 1999-2009 Quarters).

Even the Chickasaw issue, with a mintage more than double the four previous 2011 issues, is quite hard to find in circulation.
GO: (Coin Collecting is) the only hobby that when you are broke you still have money.

DNA: "When you pay with cash, you KNOW when you're broke."

markn's US Silver Coin Melt Value Calculator
Pillar of the Community
United States
1447 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2012  9:26 pm  Show Profile Check COINAHOLIC's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add COINAHOLIC to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got one in change, also a few weeks back.

**** 183 Countries and Counting! ****

Coins For Trade

COINAHOLICS 12 STEP STORE World coins and who knows...just a spot for my fellow addicts
Pillar of the Community
United States
3904 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2012  9:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CaptainFwiffo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think it's the most common ATB quarter I see in SW Florida.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
757 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2012  10:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ArrowsAndRays to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
One in change from Dunkin Donuts in Salem NH.
Secret Santa '12 & '13
Upgrading my 7070 never ends!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1117 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2012  09:48 am  Show Profile Check coinsearcher83's eBay Listings Check coinsearcher83's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add coinsearcher83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have one that I pulled from a change machine a little bit back. I think that was right after they were released.
Philadelphia mint, I believe.
Just a busy college student working on a $1 block set from circulation.
(I'm supposed to be studying)
Have consecutive $1 bills from 2006-present? Please PM me.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2996 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2012  12:45 pm  Show Profile Check barryg's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add barryg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I haven't seen any Gettysburg quarters yet, but I did just find an Olympic in my pocket change. I haven't really been looking out for this series, but now that I have really taken a good look at one I am amazed at just how beautiful it looks!

Over lunch I made a quick visit to the local coin shop and bought an el cheapo folder for these coins that I will give to my son for his seventh birthday next week (along with all the other coin-related stuff I have for him) and I'm looking forward to collecting these together.
Pillar of the Community
United States
520 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2012  12:48 pm  Show Profile Check BLUESZONE's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BLUESZONE to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found about a roll right after they came out but that was the only ATB I found all year.
Newmismatist, If you PM me your address I'd be happy to send you an AU one.
I have been thinking of dumping them back at the bank anyway.
Edited by BLUESZONE
01/25/2012 12:50 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
4266 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2012  12:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add VisigothKing to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All I've found in circulation are Glacier and Vicksburg, both P's. Haven't seen Gettysburg yet.
"For as long as Belisarius lives, it is impossible for him to relinquish this city." - Roman general Belisarius, responding to a group of Gothic envoys, during the Gothic siege of Rome in 537 AD

Attributed coins in my collection so far - Roman: 238, Byzantine: 34, Post-Roman Germanic: 21
Pillar of the Community
United States
1561 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2012  1:40 pm  Show Profile Check The_Duke's eBay Listings Check The_Duke's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add The_Duke to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a bunch, most of a new D roll from the bank.
The_Duke
ANA# 3159445
http://dukescoins.ecrater.com/
Valued Member
United States
245 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2012  2:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ljenkins990 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've seen maybe 4 or 5 Gettysburg quarters in circulation - of all the ATB quarters released so far, the only ones I've seen any significant numbers of are Yosemite and Yellowstone.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1099 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2012  2:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add allranger to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I haven't even seen an ATB Quarter in circulation. I just assumed they were not released to the public.
United States
22 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2012  4:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add b_twill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've found a (as in 1) Yosemite quarter last year, that's it. If it wasn't for the silver proof sets I wouldn't know what they look like!
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
263 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2012  4:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add coinmap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was in Atlanta at the beginning of Jan, and was amazed at the amount of circulating ATB quarters. I would say that I averaged 1 or 2 in change, per day while I was down there. Yes there were Gettysburg quarters in there.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2621 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2012  9:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DNA to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've received all of the "D" 2011 Quarters in change.
Gettysburg the most (over a dozen), Chickasaw the least (only two)
GO: (Coin Collecting is) the only hobby that when you are broke you still have money.

DNA: "When you pay with cash, you KNOW when you're broke."

markn's US Silver Coin Melt Value Calculator
Valued Member
United States
197 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2012  6:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Newmismatist to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, after starting this thread, I got tired of waiting to find a Gettysburg quarter in circulation, so I just hauled off and bought a deep cameo proof, slabbed and PCGS-graded PR69. I think it's pretty sweet:

(Thanks, by the way, to BluesZone for the kind offer.)
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageSWCoins - We Love CoinsCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 2.06 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05