Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

When did ANACS have this slab?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Learn More...
United States
14452 Posts
 Posted 02/06/2012  10:00 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Bryan1315 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

I have never seen this slab design before. I know about the blue label on the slanted holder but never seen one quite like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/2010-China-...em27c308ecba

Pillar of the Community
United States
5661 Posts
 Posted 02/06/2012  11:18 pm  Show Profile Check BH1964's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BH1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've seen similar ANACS slabs used for bulk grading. Don't know if that style is exactly the same but my gut feeling is it's legit.
ANA #R3154474
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2586 Posts
 Posted 02/07/2012  12:46 am  Show Profile Check macmercury's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add macmercury to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1st time for me too, never see anything like that!
Pillar of the Community
United States
8837 Posts
 Posted 02/07/2012  7:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They first showed up back in 2007 but the only thing I have ever seen them used for are bulk submission promotional items being sold by the TV coin show people. Usually HSN. Usually they have some kind of specialty label Presidential dollar first day of issue, Bicentennial of Lincolns Birth cents first day of issue etc. This is the first one I've seen something that looks like a standard type label and the reverse label is also different that the other slabs of this style.
Learn More...
United States
14452 Posts
 Posted 02/07/2012  8:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bryan1315 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
that was what had me wondering also as I have never seen a plain blue label in a flat slab like this and noticed the reverse label looked off to me as well. I am not saying its a fake just saying I have never seen this before and it threw up a few red flags until someone in the know could explain it to me
Pillar of the Community
United States
8837 Posts
 Posted 02/08/2012  3:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think it is a fake. The question is is it yet another promotional slab, or has ANACS changed their regular slab again?
Pillar of the Community
917 Posts
 Posted 02/29/2012  3:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add LincolnGuy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have an ANACS slab like that!

Learn More...
United States
14452 Posts
 Posted 02/29/2012  4:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bryan1315 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
how long have you had it? The one I posted was the first one I had ever seen and to be honest yours is only the second one I have seen
Pillar of the Community
917 Posts
 Posted 02/29/2012  4:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add LincolnGuy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've had it about a year, I got 2 of them off of eBay. I think the seller had 5 or 10 of them.
Pillar of the Community
917 Posts
 Posted 02/29/2012  4:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add LincolnGuy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well now that I think about it, I think I got it in the summer... so maybe less than 6 months ago
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.American Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesSWCoins - We Love CoinsSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW Mintage
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.98 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05