Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

My hoard/collection: 1oz-ers from around the world, Canada +

Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1496 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2012  02:40 am Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add poboxw to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Realized it might not be a good idea to keep silver unsecured at home. So, before I pack the last of the coins up for the safe at the office and bank, I shot some pics to share with y'all. These are the coins and bars I plan on passing along to my boy.

Can you recognize them all?

Around the world 1oz silver coins:
Background is the Royal Geographic Society Silver Map

^^^ lightly peppered

^^^ decked out

^^^ Down under

^^^ Aisa +

^^^ Europe

^^^ Africa

^^^ South America +

^^^ North America

^^^ North America

And then comes my Canadian (mostly) PM collection

^^^ Maples (will eventually be all maples)

^^^ Taiwan + RCM

^^^ Big and small maples

^^^ Canadian Chinese Lunar Series

^^^ Hologram maples

^^^ Lasqueti 1/2oz-ers (forgot to include in the overall pic)

About 100oz Ag, 2.25oz Au, 1oz Pt, locked away and out of sight... don't know what not having the coins in sight will do to the hobby...

Pillar of the Community
Canada
815 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2012  03:03 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add SilverBug to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
very nice, makes me want to take some pictures of my collection too
Rest in Peace
United States
9104 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2012  04:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add biggfredd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice PM collection. beautiful stuff.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10864 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2012  05:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cool set. I think I like the one with the owl,can you please tell me a little bit about it,thanks.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Pillar of the Community
United States
2262 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2012  06:03 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bpoc1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! I would be looking at them for weeks on end. The fact that we have to put them away for safety is one of the bummers of this hobby. Your son will be thankful someday is the reward in its self.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1496 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2012  11:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add poboxw to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@bpoc1: I certainly hope my boy won't just pawn/auction off the lot.

@John1: The Ural Owl you are referring to is a Mongolian coin. Second in its series, behind the 2007 wolverine. Mintage is 2,500 (my bad), and it is pure 999 silver, artificially aged to get that rough look that suits both the coin's design and birthplace well. It can be had for i'd say $150-$250 depending on your luck. It's the only crystal-embedded coin I plan to keep.
Edited by poboxw
02/09/2012 11:37 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
511 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2012  11:28 am  Show Profile Check BLUESZONE's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BLUESZONE to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
John1, I think that is a Mongolian Ural Owl. Pretty expensive (2,500 mintage).

Pillar of the Community
United States
511 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2012  11:33 am  Show Profile Check BLUESZONE's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BLUESZONE to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry poboxw, you beat me to it. But the ad I saw said 2,500 mintage. I can't afford one either way.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3670 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2012  11:54 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Silverhawk74 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Amazing collection and the Owl piece is new to me, I am an instant fan, love it!

Real clever to combine coins with their geographic location on the map....

That is one serious high end collection....
Valued Member
Canada
143 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2012  2:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add thehulk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What a collection! One of the things I'm working on right now is to get one silver bullion specimen from each of the world's mints. So far, I have lots of SMLs (regular, Olympic and Wildlife), ASE, Libertad and Philharmonic. Looking at that collection, I see quite a few still on my want list, but also many examples I've never even seen before. Thanks for sharing, I'll have to update my want list based on what I see here!
Valued Member
United States
312 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2012  4:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add SilverEye to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a great looking collection! I gotta go check the for sale section..
Pillar of the Community
United States
2182 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2012  5:00 pm  Show Profile Check SA4H's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SA4H to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
May be the MOD can set this to "Hot Topic" or make it sticky since poboxw's pictures can be a very good reference for anyone interested collecting silver coins from around the world (including me). Thanks.
*+*Bruce*+*
My coins available for trade.
My coins for sale
Coins I want/need.
"Living to Learn, Not Learning to Live!"
Yet, I'm learning to live more than living to learn!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1496 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2012  5:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add poboxw to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When I get the time to do so, i'll take better pictures and include a short description for each coin and their origin. Any excuse to take the coins out from the safe and handle them
Valued Member
United States
418 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2012  5:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mariospaghetti to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
really nice collection. I like the kilo round from Canada! So what does the owl piece go for?
Pillar of the Community
United States
4252 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2012  5:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add TheNickelGuy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The owl and Kangaroo with the shadow caught my eye. Awesome collection!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
815 Posts
 Posted 02/09/2012  6:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add SilverBug to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
the price of owl seems out of control on eBay. I didn't hesitate when I saw one BIN $150 last year. the Gulo Gulo(wolf) is above $1,000 right now.

poboxw: I saw you have a tulip privy maple leaf, that's on my list too
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.American Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!SWCoins - We Love CoinsCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.75 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05