Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

is this a post mint damaged coin?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
United States
46 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2012  8:04 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add dave647 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

man my head is about to explode with all this new knowledge. I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks. here's the pics:

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11966 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2012  9:11 pm  Show Profile Check coop's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like someone placed 2 cents between two boards and hit them with a hammer. Thus just the rim made contact with the obverse. PSD
Richard S. Cooper

Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, I've completed an Educational DVD of these. Become a supporter of this site, send me your address and I will send you a DVD. Many have loved this so far. I just completed version 11. The most updated version yet. So if you haven't got a copy yet, it is a good time to do so. I also have a DVD and one for windows media player. The one for media player is nice for your computer as it is clearer in images. Let me know which you would prefer. If you are a new member and wish the DVD, make your donation and have them pass on to me where you would like this shipped. Most have really appreciated this to increase the coin knowledge. Thanks for your support!

Pillar of the Community
United States
7616 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2012  01:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add coppercoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I, for one, do not see any effect of the supposed 'damage' on the reverse of this coin. Could you point it out Coop?
Rest in Peace
United States
9104 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2012  04:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add biggfredd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see the top right of the schoolbus mashed flat.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1234 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2012  10:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add timsumrall to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If a sandwich job why didn't the "hit" go all the way around the obverse. I'm guessing a feeder problem. The rim has been scraped upwards.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11966 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2012  11:41 am  Show Profile Check coop's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The right side of the Memorial from the ER on AMERICA, Right eave, to the FG is affected.
Richard S. Cooper

Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, I've completed an Educational DVD of these. Become a supporter of this site, send me your address and I will send you a DVD. Many have loved this so far. I just completed version 11. The most updated version yet. So if you haven't got a copy yet, it is a good time to do so. I also have a DVD and one for windows media player. The one for media player is nice for your computer as it is clearer in images. Let me know which you would prefer. If you are a new member and wish the DVD, make your donation and have them pass on to me where you would like this shipped. Most have really appreciated this to increase the coin knowledge. Thanks for your support!

Pillar of the Community
United States
2577 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2012  12:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Jayman931 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just see too small of a picture for me to make an assessment....

however...from what I can see...I could duplicate that with a metal pipe and a penny on a concrete floor
Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains taken to bring it to light.~ GEORGE WASHINGTON

Don't take it personal I am just straight forward.

Edited by Jayman931
02/27/2012 12:04 pm
United States
33 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2012  1:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add M0ntg0mery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
...going to go out the garage now...
Pillar of the Community
United States
2277 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2012  2:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wquinn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You can do that without any zinc showing?
Pillar of the Community
United States
2577 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2012  2:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Jayman931 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
wquinn- thats a valid question....now I am really gonna go to the garage and try!
Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains taken to bring it to light.~ GEORGE WASHINGTON

Don't take it personal I am just straight forward.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1130 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2012  3:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mikediamond to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It looks like post-strike damage to me. The reverse face might have been cushioned by a relatively soft surface.
Error coin writer and researcher.
United States
33 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2012  6:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add M0ntg0mery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, I got side-tracked and didn't make it to the garage...Jayman?
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
American Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageSWCoins - We Love CoinsCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.84 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05