Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Error $50?

Previous Page | Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4
Pillar of the Community
Australia
656 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2012  02:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MobOfRoos to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Does anyone have any ideas what caused this error?

Pillar of the Community
United States
3098 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2012  03:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wd1040 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is a varnish error, so the entire sheet was shifted during the varnishing and pre-production phase when Note Printing Australia is putting on the background colors and treating the polymer.

Pretty nice error! I'd call it a "varnish error" with "production" somewhere in there if you have space.

I bet if you take a look at the left side of the note, where the farmers are, there's a chunk missing.
Australia
21 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2012  04:19 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Revolutionary to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hey wd1040, how common is it?
Pillar of the Community
United States
3098 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2012  04:39 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wd1040 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I haven't seen one that much degree of error. If you get a stack of polymers especially from an err... poorer print quality nation like Vietnam, there's some margin for error.

But the one you have... not even google has the answer :P

Also forgive me - not a varnish error but an undercoat error. Vanish or overcoat is what goes on top after everything including the intaglio/portraits have been printed.
Australia
21 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2012  04:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Revolutionary to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
wow dude your a wealth of knowledge, thank you. Whats your opinion, ballpark figure of what this would be expected to sell for.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
855 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2012  5:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add goatieman23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So it can't be a registration shift. A registration shift is when the sheet is feed through too early or too late. So does that mean it's like a pre-production type registration shift...it's about 12mm off (or 7mm the other way). In about VF condition you'd be commanding a very good dollar.
According to Rennicks which is only a guide, a reg shift at 15mm in VF would be $350, but this error is completely different. A nice score. If you decide to list it or work out a price, I'd love to know.
Australia
21 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2012  10:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Revolutionary to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ive had people tell me its worth all kinds of prices, from $250 and a couple people said if I was lucky I could get $800 but I dont know. the one sure thing is that everybody has a diferent opinion on why this errror was caused and nobody has seen this error to this extent.
Edited by Revolutionary
03/05/2012 10:34 pm
Australia
21 Posts
 Posted 03/17/2012  02:05 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Revolutionary to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Due to the crazy restrictions with messaging and sales on here I've decided to list this note on ebay. Starts: 18/03/12 at 21:30:51 Under: Australian $50 dollar RARE Error Note (Varnish Error)
Rest in Peace
United States
9104 Posts
 Posted 03/17/2012  10:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add biggfredd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You might want to start it as some stupid figure like $10,000 for ten days. It won't sell, but it will serve as ten days of advertising. Then relist it at $50 and let it go.

I don't see how you can tell when it will list, but be sure to provide the number once it does.
Valued Member
Australia
161 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2012  07:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rbarat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think this is the one
Ebay item : 110842511715

Good luck with the sale. Quite an unusual error.
Rest in Peace
United States
9104 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2012  11:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add biggfredd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
http://www.ebay.com/itm/110842511715

Registered (two times)
Pillar of the Community
Australia
855 Posts
 Posted 03/25/2012  5:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add goatieman23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok, so the $4k listing ended last night.
When you putting it back on for real bidding, now that the advertising listing has ended...I'm waiting patiently to make a real bid, but it's not going to be $4k.
Out of curiosity did you get many looks & watchers?
Australia
21 Posts
 Posted 03/25/2012  9:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Revolutionary to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Had a few hundred page views and twenty something watchers, so thats more interest than I expected, weather that transpires to decent bids is a diferent story. Totally forgot to relist lastnight so itll be up again 9.30 tonight...... Goodluck goatieman23
Pillar of the Community
Australia
855 Posts
 Posted 03/27/2012  06:03 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add goatieman23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's on like King Kong! Thanks Rev. With a bit of luck I'll win it.
Rest in Peace
United States
9104 Posts
 Posted 03/27/2012  11:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add biggfredd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
http://www.ebay.com/itm/110849501833

I see you didn't correct the spelling of registered.
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageShop at PDS Coins!SWCoins - We Love CoinsCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 2 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05