Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

see what I mean, angle

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

Australia
829 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2012  01:59 am Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Ausjack to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

See what I mean about taking pic's and how hard it is sometimes..here is the same coin just different angles

there ya go sel, both on top now

Edited by Ausjack
03/12/2012 6:45 pm
Pillar of the Community
Australia
8884 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2012  06:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
From these pictures, it is very easy to appreciate the wide variation of opinions that arise when it comes to grading from the screen.

Picture 2 reveals virtually no surface blemishes, picture 7 reveals most of them quite clearly.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
829 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2012  6:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ausjack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thanks sel, glad someone can see my point and can appreciate what I was trying to point out

I'll see if I can reorganize those pic's so they are together..see how I go
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
5066 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2012  6:43 pm  Show Profile Check trout1105's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add trout1105 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Now you can see how I got stung with that Incuse AJ
Aim to Enjoy life. You only get one shot at it
Pillar of the Community
Australia
829 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2012  6:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ausjack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yeah sorry cobba, but after our little chat you inspired me as you always do

you can pic your pic here sorry, just gave me self an upper cut for that one mate
Valued Member
Australia
490 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2012  8:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add steve - Oz 50c man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
nice work AJ
next time try a few in B&W if you camera has that setting, would be an interesting comparison...
Pillar of the Community
Australia
829 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2012  9:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ausjack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
TADARRRRR done and done cobba, ask and it shal be given

Anyone wanna buy a 1988 chunk of aussie silver I just love this stuff

Valued Member
Australia
490 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2012  9:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add steve - Oz 50c man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
you are a fast worker mate!
just out of interest, are they the same shots turned into B&W or are they taken with a B&W setting on a camera... I have just been wondering if they would look different...?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
5066 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2012  9:40 pm  Show Profile Check trout1105's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add trout1105 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
TADARRRRR
And the seller didn't like the feedback I left after doing this to me

sellers image

actual coin

Aim to Enjoy life. You only get one shot at it
Pillar of the Community
Australia
829 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2012  9:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ausjack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
trout

And yes it's a setting on the camera stevo, so new pics I wouldn't have a clue about photo shop stuff or anything like it..I just point, shoot, download, optimize it, upload and done..easy as once you've done it a few........hundred times
Valued Member
Australia
490 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2012  3:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add steve - Oz 50c man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
LOL, thanks AJ
Pillar of the Community
Australia
855 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  5:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add goatieman23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Damn that about the incused 50, I brought a 1931 penny a while back & the photo showed eight clear pearls from the best possible angle. In the photo it looked like a nice EF or above, in the hand it looked like a plain VF. That was a waste of $90 bucks. That's the problem when you get into a bidding war. I now (sometimes) know better.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1291 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  5:45 pm  Show Profile Check markn's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add markn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Buying from images can be problematic. I always expect the worse when I'm buying from a new seller whose images I'm not sure about. Sadly my expectations are rarely exceeded.

Copper nickel coins in particular are hard to image. And when I see what appears to be a higher grade copper nickel coin with darker lighting it's usually always going to be a bad coin. I got burned with an incuse 50c with similar lighting to the one Trout bought. Seller didn't grade it, but it looked nice. It wasn't. Live and learn.
Edited by markn
03/16/2012 5:48 pm
Pillar of the Community
Australia
645 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2012  10:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MobOfRoos to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To be fair though, silver coins that have been scanned always look a lot worse than they do in the hand. Trouts two pictures are of the same coin, they have the same nicks and dents, so I wouldn't necessarily blame the seller on this one.
The reason you can get things so much cheaper on eBay is that there is a "risk" discount because you are relying on photos, you don't have the coin in hand.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
829 Posts
 Posted 03/18/2012  10:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ausjack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know it's a bit "how's ya father" if you only put up one pic or like I pointed out with my pic's it depends on angle lighting etc and how sly you want to be..like taking a pic of your speedo in your car but making it just right so you can't make out that it has 1/2 a million k's on the clock or the big dint up the side that's the sort of thing I was trying to point out is all
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SWCoins - We Love CoinsAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 3.03 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05