Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

what do you think

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

Australia
829 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2012  02:04 am Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Ausjack to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Pillar of the Community
Australia
829 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2012  03:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ausjack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Walah now what do we think after a quick spray job that's still drying

Pillar of the Community
Australia
4411 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2012  04:27 am  Show Profile Check enworb's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add enworb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful toning. Has the Royal Ausjack Mint (RAM) gone into direct competition with the RTM now?

I have an idea for a thread in which each Aussie member has to create a rare error and an explanation/load of bull story. Then we could do a poll to see whose is the most popular?
Pillar of the Community
Australia
829 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2012  04:52 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ausjack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No no like most mints we are all linked Great idea enworb

Well I don't know much about coins but this is some sort of mint error so this coin was taken from circulation then mildly heated then gently sprayed for extra protection as the obverse had a tar spot so keep an eye out for this extreamly rare error...do I hear a 1/10 of a shekel Sorry I'm not much good at this but I bet others are..I'll just stick with the mint work
Edited by Ausjack
03/13/2012 04:53 am
Pillar of the Community
Australia
503 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2012  04:54 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add FNQ to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Rainbow toning on a 2c? Must be an eBay hit, at least deserving of an EXTREMELY RARE in the title - keep spraying :p
Edited by FNQ
03/13/2012 04:57 am
Pillar of the Community
Australia
829 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2012  07:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ausjack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Freshly painted off the press from the RAM come the new 2012 gold 2 cent..offers please

Pillar of the Community
Australia
503 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2012  07:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add FNQ to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ULTRA RARE. Not listed in Renniks. BUY NOW!
Pillar of the Community
Australia
829 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2012  7:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ausjack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
Australia
4411 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2012  7:40 pm  Show Profile Check enworb's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add enworb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll start the bidding off with an offer of 60c
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
5019 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2012  7:41 pm  Show Profile Check trout1105's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add trout1105 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Have you moved to China AJ
Aim to Enjoy life. You only get one shot at it
Pillar of the Community
Australia
829 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2012  8:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ausjack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mate I just started diggin when lookin for the mint and now I have tunnels everywhere and I don't know where I am half the time..could pop up next door tomorrow..ya just never know

So do you have one of them yet
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Australia
5019 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2012  8:11 pm  Show Profile Check trout1105's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add trout1105 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm all out of gold paint mate
Aim to Enjoy life. You only get one shot at it
Pillar of the Community
Australia
829 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2012  8:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ausjack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
all good mate, that's why we have thinners I should just buy some more but that will eat into profit so we might have to increase the price..well we are a mint and need to make lots and lots and lots of profit so we can make more money
Pillar of the Community
Australia
503 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2012  9:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add FNQ to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, I never knew the mint had been experimenting with selective gold plating for the Federation 50, and who could have guessed it would escape into the wild?

Must be EXTREMELY SCARCE as I've never seen one before - did you get it from an Armaguard roll, and do you offer FREE DELIVERY?

Perfect companion for a 2012 Proof 50!
Pillar of the Community
Australia
829 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2012  10:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Ausjack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There's a lot of thing we do here at the mint that you don't know about FNQ

Yes the RTM, REM and RAM are always experimenting and trying to think of new and more innovative ways of satisfying the needs of our general public and making a quick buck but don't worry as they will be in full production soon and we'll be charging an arm and a leg so we'll send it for FREE

Valued Member
Australia
417 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2012  10:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Squire Wilson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is my "yellow gold" 1984 50 cent piece (LHS). Next to a normal 50 cent piece.
When looking through a selection of 50 pieces, this one really caught my eye. I wonder if blank had a different composition, or if the "gilding" had somehow been added later.

Any way of finding out without damaging the coin ?.

Squire

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SWCoins - We Love CoinsSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 2.23 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05