Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2012 ASE's, and a bit of a puzzle

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2060 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  01:09 am Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

So on my 500th post, I thought I'd do something a little different. I recently bought a few 2012 ASE's from my local bullion dealer and thought I'd show them off. Is it me, or do these things just get prettier every year?

Well, the 500th post is a milestone but there is another one signified by the coins. Oh and I threw another coin in for a clue.

I've also seen that I'll be able to get the Proof counterpart 4/12. Woo!

I really do love this series. Think I will have to put together complete bullion, proof (including reverse), and UNC sets. Wait, let me consult my bank account and truck fund before committing to that.

Cheers!

Bedrock of the Community
United States
11235 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  05:29 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats on your 500th post but I can't figure out the puzzle
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Pillar of the Community
United States
2399 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  06:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bpoc1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
CelticKnot, you have five children, four girls and one boy? Nice job 500!
Valued Member
Canada
299 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  10:06 am  Show Profile Check kenney's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add kenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
bpoc1,

congrats on you 500th post.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2060 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  11:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think I could handle 5 children! :)

The coin dates are of significance, particularly the nickel. And if you can't read them due to my sub-par coin photography equipment/skills, the ASEs are 2012 and the nickel is 1972.

And thanks for the congrats!
Edited by CelticKnot
03/16/2012 11:13 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
870 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  11:15 am  Show Profile Check kookoox10's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add kookoox10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats on the 500th! It's not just you, those are pretty every year. I'm old fashioned, so I prefer a MS65+ Walking Liberty Half that is just beaming luster. Nice pick ups!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11235 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  12:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is it your 40th birthday?
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Pillar of the Community
United States
1006 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  12:15 pm  Show Profile Check matchbox's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add matchbox to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just bought my 2012 ASE yesterday.
Learn More...
United States
21729 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  12:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice!
Jbuck! ... Coin Collector since 1978 ... Learn more about my current avatar and my previous one.

Did you know that our members sell on eBay? Click Here to see CCF member eBay Sales!

Did you know that there is a better way to search eBay for the coins you want? Click Here for the CCF eBay Search Engine!
Valued Member
United States
292 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  1:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ContraJame to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was going to guess 40th birthday but John1 beat me to it. :(
Pillar of the Community
United States
2399 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  2:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bpoc1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Adding the four twelves make him 48 + 5 =53?
Valued Member
United States
304 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  3:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bjones to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I also was thinking 40th b-day or perhaps 40 years of collecting.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3220 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  4:46 pm  Show Profile Check CoinsKelly's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add CoinsKelly to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe he got a monster truck? 4 big wheels with a small cab?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1635 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  4:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add M0nks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
im with bj I was thinking probably 40 yrs of collecting or by some strange luck you managed to pull off some amazing miracle and paid 4 dollars and 5 cents for all those haha
Pillar of the Community
United States
1195 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  4:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add argentum to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
SWAGs at this: 40th birthday, you are going to get 4 grandchildren this year...
How about 25th (silver) wedding anniversary (Silver coins pictured, 20 proof nickles in an ASE dollar + the fact that there are 5 coins in the picture)?

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2060 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2012  4:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Right on, guys. 40 years. I don't feel (or act, I'm told) a day older. :)

Looking forward to the 2nd forty and what my collection will look like at that point.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesSWCoins - We Love CoinsAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 2.11 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05