Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!
 All Forums
 US Coins and Currency Discussion Forums
 US Classic Coins

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

some of my treasure up for comment

Next Page    
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
hondacobra
Valued Member
United States
67 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2012  8:25 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add hondacobra to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

most of my hoard is in private mint bullion round style stuff for volume reasons but here is some of my more interesting stuff up for comment. I have been getting bored with volume and venturing into more interesting or historical stuff with disregard for grade. still like the bang for the buck lol.
no point in getting the expensive stuff because I will probably die before I sell this.

ooooooops forgot to put the whole and halves in the pic lol
nice large cent and 3 cent in there.

$5 gold indian head. I think the reverse stamping is so cool. why couldnt they make this full size! if it was as big as an eagle it would be the most sought after coin ever due to the overwhelming coolness factor.

anyone know what this dime sized coin from 17xx is?
it looks like the silver dollar except the perimeter has writing instead of a row of stars. the back is completely lost.

i like collecting coins in sets of "before and after" circulation.
sometimes its hard to believe its the same coin.

this would be a really nice half dime if some dummy didnt shoot a hole through the head

sometimes the dirt makes it look better lol.
i know what this US minted coin is. does anyone else?

like patina? I have no idea what happened to this one but I assume it was stored in acid lol.
the other two, top one is a half dollar but I forget which one. I had to do a rubbing to figure out what the image was.
the one on the right appears to be a washer but I think its made of silver.

not real currency but close enough to scare the FEDERAL ponzi assoc.

supposedly a spanish 1808 coin from a shipwreck. amazing condition if the story is actually true.

still trying to figure out what this hungarian medal is.
apparently this is the only one ever made because I have never had so much trouble finding information about something.

i know about hyperinflation but wait until hyper-deflation when everyone else burns their worthless bills and I have the only one left making me the richest sob on earth!

Valued Member
United States
275 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2012  8:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Larryh86GT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
anyone know what this dime sized coin from 17xx is?
it looks like the silver dollar except the perimeter has writing instead of a row of stars. the back is completely lost.

It looks like a 1/2 reale or 1 reale Spanish Colonial coin.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
550 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2012  8:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tatt2ed13 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow , Cool stuff Brother ,

Im of course liking your Gold ! haha I totally agree they shoulda made it full sized .. would be a gem indeed ..

and also partial to your morgans .. like the 1879 looks in good shape .. (i also buy without regards of condition at time , due to I have a hard time reselling them and if I want it , well , I get it haha .. if I can)

awesome stuff again , you made me curious on a few things going to research some now .. thanks for sharing brother

\m/ phil \m/
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1149 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2012  8:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Gyrene7483 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 1908 dated U. S. minted coin is from the Philippines.

Ed
ANA LM-3175
Valued Member
United States
67 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2012  8:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hondacobra to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
philpinas peso. PRECISELY!
Valued Member
United States
67 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2012  8:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hondacobra to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"It looks like a 1/2 reale or 1 reale Spanish Colonial coin."
thx for the info.

i had a feeling it wasnt US coin but I was afraid to allow myself to know that.
Valued Member
United States
163 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2012  9:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add War Nickel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Hondacobra, I don't know if its you or the shot of Polish Vodka I just had, but this is the funniest post I have ever seen here!
Valued Member
United States
67 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2012  9:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hondacobra to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yea I just joined up here because im currently banned for 30 days from bimmerforums.com for being "too funny"
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1610 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2012  10:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Apollo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
supposedly a spanish 1808 coin from a shipwreck. amazing condition if the story is actually true.

It's from the East India Company (British) it's a X (10) Cash, here's mine:

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1610 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2012  10:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Apollo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And yes, most of them did come from the sunken Admiral Gardner ship that sank when carrying tons of these coins, including mine.

They're harder to find with good details and luster (like mine).
Valued Member
United States
67 Posts
 Posted 03/19/2012  11:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hondacobra to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
O would have thought the copper should have turned green and dissolved but I guess without oxygen at the bottom of the mud it can be preserved well
Valued Member
United States
284 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2012  11:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DM1975 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have one of those X Cash coins from the Admiral Gardner shipwreck. Pretty neat coin I think, and very much documented so it is probably the best way to own some real sunken treasure.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2665 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2012  1:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mkman123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Like the older us coins....you get history + precious metals content.....better than bullion which can be boring. Gotta mix it up
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1628 Posts
 Posted 03/20/2012  7:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add M0nks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yea this forum is great we dont get banned for having a sense of humor ( glad this isnt a penny posting then I would have had to "cents" and war nickel its definately the vodka! I think?
Valued Member
United States
204 Posts
 Posted 03/21/2012  7:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add MorganDude26 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a link to more info on the liberty dollars
http://globetribune.info/2011/03/20...wn-currency/
Pillar Of The Community
United States
8237 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2012  09:54 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

The story is true. It also cause a nice little fight between the East India Company and Matthew Boulton. The EIC thought that since they had lost them and hadn't managed to get them to India, they shouldn't have to pay Boulton for striking them. Boulton of course felt that he had done his job striking them like he was contracted for and he had turned them over to the EIC representatives. If they lost them after that it wasn't his problem. It took several years before Boulton was finally paid. (By that time Boulton had died and the debt was paid to his son Matthew Robinson Boulton who was now in charge of the Soho Mint.)
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW Mintage$20 Pure Silver Coin - Candy Cane Proof with Murano GlassSWCoins - We Love CoinsCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified Vams   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.88 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05