Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Peru Sol

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Australia
21 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2010  01:20 am Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add favs to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Please grade and some estimate values would be very helpful. I believe this coin has a mintage of 76,000 coins, is .500 silver and is not valued all that high, I guess Peruvian coins are not collected by many, but I think this is a nice coin.

Valued Member
Greece
424 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2010  05:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add epop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Peruvian coins are very attractive.This example is very nice and I think it's grade is AU58
Learn More...
United States
13545 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2010  06:51 am  Show Profile Check echizento's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is one of my favorite coin types. I would grade it at AU-55, though it does look like it has been cleaned.
Australia
21 Posts
 Posted 11/01/2010  8:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add favs to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank You for the replies, the coin does appear to have been lightly cleaned at some stage
Pillar of the Community
United States
1827 Posts
 Posted 11/02/2010  8:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add snowman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with AU-55.

Is the semi-circular mark above the 9 in the date actually on the coin or is it something caught in the 2x2?
Australia
21 Posts
 Posted 11/03/2010  05:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add favs to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Snowman I removed the 2x2 and the mark is actually on the coin, also on removing it from the 2x2 as that is how I bought it, I have noticed that the edge reeding looks very suspicious, can anyone explain how the reeding should look.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
9616 Posts
 Posted 11/03/2010  2:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DVCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Peru Sols and fractions thereof are known for a lot of die issues: repunched letters, overdates, die rust, cracks, etc. Since relief surfaces vary quite a bit due to strike, rust, etc....it's hard to grade from a pic. I cannot tell if that's wear or not, so with the others.
Pillar of the Community
United States
943 Posts
 Posted 11/11/2010  11:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Nelrak to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Gotta love low mintage coins! I agree with the others of a cleaning since it appears to have a more porous appearance on the high points of the details and look somewhat 'blurred". Still a nice coin but I'd put it in the AU range due to the wear on the cornucopia and leaves, the sandal detail, chest area, and hairline at the crown + the cleaning.
Edited by Nelrak
11/11/2010 11:10 am
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SWCoins - We Love CoinsAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.12 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05