Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Coinstar

Previous Page | Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 26
Valued Member
United States
286 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2011  02:00 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add northwestseeker to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dang! you hit the jackpot! :P
Pillar of the Community
United States
737 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2011  03:50 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rsxtacee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No luck today. A couple came up after me with a milk jug of coins. Wish I could have had a chance to look through them first.
Pillar of the Community
United States
737 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2011  06:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rsxtacee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Picked a 1973 Canadian dime on the way out of the store today.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4250 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2011  5:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add amida17 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Haven't had much luck lately...until today. I found 3 canadian quarter and two dime. 10 memorial cents and 21 Wheaties all in one machine! The wheaties are mostly 1940's 7 were 1940 alone. The oldest was a 1926. Not too bad for grocery shopping. Lol
"...being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead." - Vonnegut
Pillar of the Community
United States
985 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2011  9:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add HoosierDaddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My last coinstar score was a bent washington quarter (clad) and 2 clad canadian dimes. Free money!
I'm in a TRADING mood.
Valued Member
United States
159 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2011  03:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jarwulf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Recently started, first score ever

*drumroll*

a 1984d penny! Yay
Pillar of the Community
United States
754 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2011  11:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add oblakavshtanax to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
so I wsa dumping a bunch of pennies at my coinstar the other day and the coinster repair tech walked in when I was half-way done and just sat there waiting for me to finish. after a few minutes, we struck up a conversation about collecting, etc.

in the end, he told me that, yes, you can buy the coinstar bags, but you definitely will NOT find silver in them because the company has started rejecting them b/c of worries over potential lawsuits.
Rest in Peace
United States
9104 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2011  11:50 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add biggfredd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I posted this in another thread, but it applies here.

Last friday, Coinstar in a supermarket:

4 grubby Zincolns
1 xf 1964d cent
1 like new 199p dime
1 au 1999 nunavaut twonie!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1064 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2011  11:54 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JackB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The word seems to have gotten out in my neighborhood; always a lot of folks hanging around the supermarket coinstar whenever I go there! LOL
Valued Member
United States
51 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2011  3:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wischeese to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have never seen anything in the coinstar at my grocery store. I check it every time I'm there.
Valued Member
United States
159 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2011  11:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jarwulf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just as I was about to leave the store I saw I young couple and one or two of their friends walk to the machine. I walked close by and pretended to browse the peanut selection. The friends walked away to look through the other parts of the store I guess. They poured in their change and started making out with each other for some reason while I engaged in an internal debate whether to walk up and offer to buy whatever dropped into the reject bin. I decided against it though to my dismay the girl kept on pouring back the healthy contents of the rejects back into the hopper.

Anyway they finished up and walked away. I came up and fished out a dime/2penny sandwich, a 1968 canuck dime from the slot and a 1974 mexican 5 cent piece off the ground and maybe another LMC somewhere. I took the C dime home and watched it slide off the magnet. I assume the mexican coin is worthless although I see people selling it for absurd prices on eBay.

Edited by jarwulf
04/19/2011 11:45 pm
Valued Member
United States
482 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2011  5:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add SilverRoosevelt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
From two different coin counters, I found a lot of Canadian pocket change: 1 penny, 5 nickels, 4 dimes, and 9 quarters. That's nearly $3.00 CDN! I also found a 2 Euro cent coin and a 25-cent coin from the Cayman Islands.
Oldest Finds in Circulation:
Cent-1891
Nickel-1905
Dime-1899
Quarter-1893
Half-1936
Dollar-1923
Pillar of the Community
United States
659 Posts
 Posted 04/21/2011  7:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add penny man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2010 philly penny in BU under the coinstar... which is suprising considering that I am deep in Denver mint territory.
Valued Member
United States
159 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2011  04:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jarwulf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2 nuevo pesos and a 50 yen coin better than nothing but not worth much other than oddity value. For the past three consecutive days, I have happened to be at the store while someone was pouring their change. These people infuriate me with their nonlaziness and desire to wring out every last cent. All the change that falls out they keep putting back in the machine over and over.

I keep having visions of handfuls of silver and unique coins being crammed back into the machine until it accepts them or finally put back into their pocket to buy a pack of gum at the register ha ha. Not surprisingly this particular Coinstar is usually dry as are the majority of others. Too many people are too good at taking all their money. I think I saw something behind the machine but of course there is no way to get there without making a complete scene.
Edited by jarwulf
04/22/2011 04:19 am
Valued Member
United States
286 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2011  12:41 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add northwestseeker to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
there were about 4 pennies behind the machine and I couldn't quite reach them....
Page: of 26 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!SWCoins - We Love CoinsCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.48 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05