Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Olympus Camera

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
3650 Posts
 Posted 05/02/2011  7:24 pm Show Profile Check muddler's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

So I finally opened up the old box of lenses, extensions, filters, etc for my long forgotten Olympus camera. After assembly of many combinations I have produced fantastic detailed images through the lens finder. Fine detail of just portions of the coins surfaces or with changing lenses full coin detail. Now the dilemma is the camera is a 35mm film unit and after some practice rounds the shutter speed is entirely too slow staying open for seconds. The battery has been changed but now I'm stuck. I have had many comments such as and now I'm stuck again.

Valued Member
United States
260 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2011  11:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add HeadsIWin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So I'm assuming you'll soon be entering the world of digital photography. There is a lot of info here that should help you in choosing one for coin pics.
Learn More...
United States
14452 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2011  01:03 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bryan1315 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
the 35mm slr cameras were great, the only down fall they had were the pictures had to be developed before you had the actual pictures. That is why everyone uses digital now, they can get instant access to the pictures and do not have to wait for the pictures to be developed to share with others on the web
Learn More...
United States
14580 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2011  03:35 am  Show Profile Check vermontensium's eBay Listings Check vermontensium's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add vermontensium to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I shoot my coins with a digital Olympus 500UZ 6-magapixel 10X optical zoom. It's a few years old but I love it! EASY to use.
johnny54321 - John Brawner, my eternal friend. You will be missed by your CCF Family.

CCF members sell on eBay!

vermontensium's coins for sale :p
ANA LM1214396 - Early US copper enthusiast.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SWCoins - We Love CoinsSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageShop at PDS Coins!
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 0.98 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05