Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!
 All Forums
 World Coins and Currency Discussion Forums
 United Kingdom (Great Britain) Coins

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Great Britain Penny Folder/Album

Next Page    
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
EgCollector
Pillar Of The Community
Egypt
3470 Posts
 Posted 09/05/2011  5:55 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add EgCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Hi ALL,

Would like to know if there are any Folders or Albums made for Great Britain penny ..... thanks for your help

Edited by EgCollector
09/05/2011 5:55 pm
Valued Member
United Kingdom
66 Posts
 Posted 09/05/2011  7:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add startabe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have no idea but how many british pennies do you have
Pillar Of The Community
Egypt
3470 Posts
 Posted 09/06/2011  11:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add EgCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
around 60 Large copper pennies
Pillar Of The Community
Egypt
3470 Posts
 Posted 09/06/2011  11:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add EgCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
and to CC forum
Valued Member
United Kingdom
66 Posts
 Posted 09/06/2011  12:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add startabe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Do you have any of the smaller modern pennies a few years ago they changed the design from the traditional so now they make a sheild when put together

Pillar Of The Community
Egypt
3470 Posts
 Posted 09/06/2011  12:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add EgCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Do you mean the new penny that started in 1971 ..... if this is what you mean then yes I do have some dates of this one but not all of them as I like the old large copper more

Valued Member
United Kingdom
66 Posts
 Posted 09/06/2011  1:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add startabe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
no It's the 2008- present coin I have loads if you want them or if you tell me which ones your missing I'll raid the penny jar for you and I'm sure we can sort something out as I would like some egyptian coins but I currently in my purse have a

2009 pennies but this is what the new set does look like http://www.royalmint.com/store/Brit.../JPW09A.aspx
Valued Member
United Kingdom
66 Posts
 Posted 09/06/2011  1:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add startabe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
try here for an album
http://www.predecimal.com/deluxe-sa...um-p-49.html
Pillar Of The Community
United States
650 Posts
 Posted 09/06/2011  3:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add fcrazo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Consider a Dansco album. 1st determine the mm (width) and get the pages.
Pillar Of The Community
Egypt
3470 Posts
 Posted 09/06/2011  5:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add EgCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Startabe: nice coins ...... I will be happy to trade with you but I think that you have to reach a minimum number of posts before we start trading ...(You must have at least 250 posts and have been a member for at least 90 days to start a trade. )... until then just make a list with the dates of pennies you have for trade and as I told you I am more interested in large coppers
Pillar Of The Community
Egypt
3470 Posts
 Posted 09/06/2011  5:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add EgCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
fcrazo: nice idea .... thanks
Rest in Peace
United States
9104 Posts
 Posted 09/06/2011  6:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add biggfredd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They used to make a whole line of British folders and albums. Ask dealers at shows if they have any.
Pillar Of The Community
Egypt
3470 Posts
 Posted 09/06/2011  6:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add EgCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks biggfred ..... I will ask some of my American friends to ask for me as we dont have any shows in Egypt
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1234 Posts
 Posted 09/09/2011  4:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add timsumrall to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Whitman used to make folders. I have a couple that I emptied (2x2'ed the pennies). I emailed myself to remember to send you the folder numbers.
Pillar Of The Community
Egypt
3470 Posts
 Posted 09/09/2011  5:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add EgCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much timsumrall
Valued Member
United Kingdom
114 Posts
 Posted 09/09/2011  6:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bilnic to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
From memory, the Whitman folders were just for the bronze (from 1860) pennies. The copper pennies (pre-1860) are much larger coins. I might be wrong, but I'm also going by the fact that they were prepared for collecting the (then) current bronze coins, the copper ones having been demonetised at the end of 1869.

Bill.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageAmerican Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic GamesCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.SWCoins - We Love Coins
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.73 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05