Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Question about Proofs in Dansco Albums.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
1094 Posts
 Posted 12/29/2011  1:28 pm Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add allranger to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

I have my first Dansco Album now. I am really liking it. It looks sleak and clean. It has spots for proof coins. I've put two of them in there so far. I was really careful and used compressed air to clean out all the dust and fuzz. I used a clean bit of cotton cloth that I gently pushed the proof coins in with.

Now that I have done it I am wondering if that was the proper way to do it.

Learn More...
United States
21427 Posts
 Posted 12/29/2011  2:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Works for me.

I broke apart all of my proof sets to fill up my Dansco albums, so I do have some experience with putting proofs in them.
Jbuck! ... Coin Collector since 1978 ... Learn more about my current avatar and my previous one.

Did you know that our members sell on eBay? Click Here to see CCF member eBay Sales!

Did you know that there is a better way to search eBay for the coins you want? Click Here for the CCF eBay Search Engine!
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 12/29/2011  3:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add empirecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I find the best way is to not remove the proof coin from the mint case it came in only buy the danco book without the proof coins. Makes it alot easier to sell to a dealer when they know you did not handle the coin at all
Learn More...
United States
21427 Posts
 Posted 12/29/2011  6:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community, empirecoin!

Quote:
Makes it alot easier to sell to a dealer when they know you did not handle the coin at all
Probably good advice if resale is a consideration. For me, it is not since I plan to never sell my coins.

Jbuck! ... Coin Collector since 1978 ... Learn more about my current avatar and my previous one.

Did you know that our members sell on eBay? Click Here to see CCF member eBay Sales!

Did you know that there is a better way to search eBay for the coins you want? Click Here for the CCF eBay Search Engine!
Valued Member
United States
307 Posts
 Posted 12/29/2011  6:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Davest to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
buy the proof coins seperately and then stuff em in your Dansco.

that way you aren't breaking into anything.

I'm currently working on a LMC set that I want to be all Proofs and Brilliant Uncirculated, to buy mint sets in order to fill it would be way to time consuming and costly.

btw, there are a lot of great dealers here on CCF, work with them.
Valued Member
United States
418 Posts
 Posted 12/29/2011  6:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Funny Money to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You could always just grab some of the cotton gloves...
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12786 Posts
 Posted 12/30/2011  12:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

to the Community, empirecoin!

Quote:
Makes it alot easier to sell to a dealer when they know you did not handle the coin at all
Probably good advice if resale is a consideration. For me, it is not since I plan to never sell my coins.

All above is exactly what I would have said if I had been a bit faster with a reply.
I too put all proofs in my (Usually Whtiman Albums) but I do have a few Dansco ones too. I too usually use a piece of cotton to get them in the slots. Most fit OK but a few sure have been a problem. ALMOST, but never did, feel like hitting with a hammer to get them in.
just carl
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
263 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2012  09:52 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add coinmap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dansco with proofs all the way with me. I also break apart my sets, as I don't plan on selling them. I also like seeing everything together.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
CoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.American Silver Eagles only $2.49 over Spot!SWCoins - We Love CoinsSELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageCoins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 1.52 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05