Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Coin Community Forum
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2012 First Finds

Previous Page | Next Page    
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10
Pillar of the Community
United States
2277 Posts
 Posted 02/07/2012  12:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wquinn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi 1StarLight, I'm near Pittsboro, NC, so I'm not too far from you. I haven't found any 2012s yet. I need to get some rolls at my bank soon.

Any particular places or banks you are getting 2012 coins at?

And the Mint hasn't updated their 2012 production figures yet:
http://www.usmint.gov/about_the_min...tion_figures
Edited by wquinn
02/07/2012 12:38 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1006 Posts
 Posted 02/07/2012  11:20 pm  Show Profile Check matchbox's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add matchbox to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Went to the bank today and bought a roll of 2012-D El Yonque quarters at face.

Im in North Dakota.
Edited by matchbox
02/07/2012 11:21 pm
Valued Member
United States
250 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2012  10:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add paparet to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like the 2012-D (Denver) El Yunque, Puerto Rico quarter is well released for those west of the Mississippi. Any, 2012-P El Yunque's found yet? Still nothing 2012 in the Florida panhandle.
Valued Member
United States
112 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2012  1:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 1StarLight to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hello wquinn, The box of quarters came from a BB&T on the edge of Wilmington. Can't get any more bank boxes from BB&T. But Wells Fargo next door is very happy to have my business. Found all of the quarters I mentioned from the BB&T bank box. However, I also got 44 rolls of quarters since from the Wells Fargo and it also contained some of the ATB quarters. Found a few of the early statehood quarter years too.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1552 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2012  3:56 pm  Show Profile Check KenKat's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KenKat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got a 2012-P Shield Cent in change yesterday, 2/18.
My 7070 US Type Set
My 7100 Lincoln Cent Set (pics a little out of date - ok, really out of date...)
Pillar of the Community
United States
2584 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2012  5:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Jayman931 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ken Kat- Where are you located?
Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains taken to bring it to light.~ GEORGE WASHINGTON

Don't take it personal I am just straight forward.

Canada
23 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2012  8:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 15turtles to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
new canadian ones.......... the buffalo ones, I only found two from beggining of the year to now from the post office, for all you canadian coin collectors or scanvengers, try Canada Post locations, I got some pretty sweet halves, a bunch of foreign and the occasional rare commerative coin
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1552 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2012  08:28 am  Show Profile Check KenKat's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KenKat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Jayman931 - I am in Cincinnati, Ohio
My 7070 US Type Set
My 7100 Lincoln Cent Set (pics a little out of date - ok, really out of date...)
Valued Member
United States
259 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2012  08:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Jdgarst0720 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
El Yunque rolls available at Banks now in NW Arkansas.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1327 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2012  09:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jeffrose to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Also got a 2012P cent in change 2/18 in Western PA. Haven't seen any other denominations yet.
OPEN 24 HRS (but not in a row)
Valued Member
United States
76 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2012  10:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add RealMetal to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, KenKAT!

I'm a Cincinnatian, too! Northside neighborhood. My son lives across the bridge in Elsmere, KY.
Valued Member
United States
250 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2012  11:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add paparet to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the first finds posts. Keep them coming and provide location if you can. Thanks! None yet here in Northwest Florida.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2537 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2012  10:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Gothic Florin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nothing yet in NH
Pillar of the Community
United States
4371 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2012  11:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add VisigothKing to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nothing at all so far here in Southeast Florida... I haven't gotten new coins this early in the year since 2007 or 2008.
"For as long as Belisarius lives, it is impossible for him to relinquish this city." - Roman general Belisarius, responding to a group of Gothic envoys, during the Gothic siege of Rome in 537 AD

Attributed coins in my collection so far - Roman: 238, Byzantine: 34, Post-Roman Germanic: 21
Pillar of the Community
United States
2277 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2012  09:31 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wquinn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Mint has posted 2012 coin mintages now:
http://www.usmint.gov/about_the_min...insYear=2012

I'm still looking for my first 2012 coin. I need to get some rolls.
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
SELECTED Modern WORLD Coins with LOW MintageSWCoins - We Love CoinsCoinSniper.com is the numismatic penny auction.Coins Commemorating the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games
Coin Community Member eBay Sales - Only CCF Members Included Here
Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price  
Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  
New Forum Topics Recently Active Forum Topics

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use
Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2014 Coin Community Forums Go To Top Of Page
It took 2.23 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05