Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Specializing in Modern Numismatics Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer 300,000 items to help build your collection! Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsJoin Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

What's So Special About The 1952 Proof Set?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
First Page Previous Page  Showing last 15 replies.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 32 / Views: 4,926Next Topic Page 3 of 3
Pillar of the Community
United States
3453 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2013  10:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinsKelly to your friends list
Alright DNA, now I am intrigued. I have always had to settle for the SMS for my birth year so maybe now I won't feel so gypped if I supplement the SMS with additional coins.

Hmmm, buy more coins...how can I argue with that?
Pillar of the Community
United States
543 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2013  10:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wulffy11 to your friends list
When it comes to proof sets for the year you were born I might have it the worst. I was born in 1983.
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
196100 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2013  2:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list

Quote:
When it comes to proof sets for the year you were born I might have it the worst. I was born in 1983.
Bad for mint sets, yes, but not for proof sets.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1116 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2013  02:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ghostrider to your friends list
Being an old man born during the war years I only have to worry about getting 15 coins, and none of them are extra special. However the good looking ones are always expensive to look at.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2139 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2026  12:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cptbilly to your friends list
My current proof set collection begins in 1953. Considering an extension of my collection back to 1950.
Am seeing plenty of 1952's in Capital plastic holders, numerous offerings in the OGP box format, and several TPG graded sets. . .the graded sets have sequential serial numbers on the slabs-- a good indication the five coins were submitted as a package.
Any thoughts on graded / certified vs. OGP / after market holders ? Seems apparent the condition of the set will dictate the price.
Thanks. Have a good Labor Day.
" Even a clock that's stopped is right twice a day. "
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
107524 Posts
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
196100 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2026  4:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list
I have no 1950s proof sets, so I am not sure what I would prefer.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
20048 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2026  10:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list
Not many were produced and most of them have been separated for individual coins. I still have this one. I should probably sell it, just sitting around for decades now.

What's-So-Special-About-The-1952-Proof-Set?
What's-So-Special-About-The-1952-Proof-Set?
What's-So-Special-About-The-1952-Proof-Set?
Lincoln Cent Lover!
VERDI-CARE™ INVENTOR
https://verdi.care/
Edited by BadThad
09/07/2026 10:42 pm
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
196100 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
7315 Posts
 Posted 09/08/2026  09:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list
I have silver proof sets from 1950 to date. My 1950, 1951, and 1952 are in a three year capitol plastic holder. with considerable multi toning on the 1952 silver coins.

What's-So-Special-About-The-1952-Proof-Set?

What's-So-Special-About-The-1952-Proof-Set?

What's-So-Special-About-The-1952-Proof-Set?

What's-So-Special-About-The-1952-Proof-Set?

What's-So-Special-About-The-1952-Proof-Set?
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
196100 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2139 Posts
 Posted 09/08/2026  10:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cptbilly to your friends list
Very nice, muddler. Thank you for sharing the photos.
Pillar of the Community
United States
715 Posts
 Posted 09/08/2026  11:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Freespeech57 to your friends list
Muddler and BadThad, thank you for sharing. It is always nice to see a nicely toned Franklin.
Edited by Freespeech57
09/08/2026 11:08 am
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
107524 Posts
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
196100 Posts
Page 3 of 3   Previous TopicReplies: 32 / Views: 4,926Next Topic Page 3 of 3
First Page Previous Page  Showing last 15 replies.
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.


    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to rattle this change. Forums