Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. 300,000 items to help build your collection! Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Specializing in Modern Numismatics Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin Auctions








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

You Vs. PCGS 1914-D Lincoln: Grade Revealed

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
First Page  Showing last 15 replies.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 3,043Next Topic Page 2 of 2
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10982 Posts
 Posted 01/05/2013  05:41 am  Show Profile   Check BH1964's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BH1964 to your friends list
Oops! I was looking at Jaobler's 1909-S VDB thread when I typed that! It's a 1914-D.
ANA #R3154474
Bedrock of the Community
Canada
10743 Posts
 Posted 01/05/2013  05:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SHAFTA9a to your friends list
I would say VF-35 also, nice coin.
Pillar of the Community
United States
565 Posts
 Posted 01/05/2013  08:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add td5173 to your friends list
what the heck XF-40
Valued Member
United States
331 Posts
 Posted 01/05/2013  09:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jimjumper to your friends list
I always seem to be too tight with my grading, so this time I'll go out on a limb and guess XF-40.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1746 Posts
 Posted 01/05/2013  09:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add The_Duke to your friends list
I'm at vf35, too
Pillar of the Community
United States
4085 Posts
 Posted 01/05/2013  11:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KenKat to your friends list
XF 40
Pillar of the Community
United States
1393 Posts
 Posted 01/05/2013  12:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add The Silver Searcher to your friends list
Ill go with XF-40. Nice coin, what did PCGS give it?
Pillar of the Community
United States
3077 Posts
 Posted 01/05/2013  2:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yotie to your friends list
XF 40
Pillar of the Community
United States
2224 Posts
 Posted 01/05/2013  5:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add copper nickel daddy to your friends list
I'm going with XF-40. Nice Coin!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3345 Posts
 Posted 01/05/2013  6:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rachums107 to your friends list
As soon as I looked at it I though EF 40. Looks like I wasnt alone
Pillar of the Community
United States
3284 Posts
 Posted 01/05/2013  8:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add upstate to your friends list
VF 35
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10982 Posts
 Posted 01/06/2013  01:29 am  Show Profile   Check BH1964's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BH1964 to your friends list
When I first saw this coin I thought it was overgraded. I could see it as a VF35, or a really nice VF30, but not a 40.

Seems most were right on at 35 or 40. I guess I was a little harsh.

You-Vs.-PCGS-1914-D-Lincoln:-Grade-Revealed
ANA #R3154474
Pillar of the Community
United States
1659 Posts
 Posted 01/06/2013  01:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cwb1877 to your friends list
I'll say they gave it VF35.

It is a really nice looking example, but I think there is just a bit touch too much wear for XF. There is a monster leap in price from VF to XF on this date.


Pillar of the Community
United States
1659 Posts
 Posted 01/06/2013  01:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cwb1877 to your friends list
You revealed the grade just before I posted my guess!

Bedrock of the Community
United States
20057 Posts
 Posted 01/07/2013  09:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list
How'd I miss this? Looks like the reverse carried the grade.
Lincoln Cent Lover!
VERDI-CARE™ INVENTOR
https://verdi.care/
Page 2 of 2   Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 3,043Next Topic Page 2 of 2
First Page  Showing last 15 replies.
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.


    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.44 seconds to rattle this change. Forums