Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsSpecializing in Modern Numismatics Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. 300,000 items to help build your collection! Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Need Help Fast - What Do You Think Of This Coin?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
First Page  Showing last 15 replies.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 3,748Next Topic Page 2 of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
1512 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2015  5:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add matttheriley to your friends list
Thanks!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1346 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2015  6:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 999fine to your friends list
Buy in haste, repent in leisure.

When faced with such I view the sold sales in that price range and look at what grades/appearance have sold for that.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6370 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2015  6:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TypeCoin971793 to your friends list
I would pass. The obverse is just plain ugly.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5825 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2015  6:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list
What the heck is RPL?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1512 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2015  7:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add matttheriley to your friends list
RPL = Repunched Letters. I am taking a gamble on this. It looks better from the images at Heritage. If it's hideous when I get it in hand, i'll resell it and find a new one!

Thanks for all of your guys' help!
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
23522 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2015  9:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list
Well, if you've looked at Heritage images, you know the coin you just purchased sold there for $25 less than you paid a couple months ago. It's the first PCGS F15 in their archive.

No offense, but in their high-resolution images the coin is kind of hideous. And their images are extremely accurate.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1512 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2015  9:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add matttheriley to your friends list
I only paid .75 more, actually. I paid $110. The heritage auction sold for 109.25 with bp.
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
23522 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2015  9:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list
My apologies; the auction led me to believe you didn't get your $110. That makes it a lot more pliable situation, if we're being that picky about the cost of a case of beer.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1512 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2015  4:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add matttheriley to your friends list
Ok, it's here! I actually like it in hand. I am glad I pulled the trigger. I need to crack it out for my 7070 now.

Where did my kids leave my hammer?

Need-Help-Fast---What-Do-You-Think-Of-This-Coin?

Need-Help-Fast---What-Do-You-Think-Of-This-Coin?
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
23522 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2015  5:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list
Sure looks like glue or something on the obverse; dunno how they put it in a righteous slab. I think some work with acetone here will make you a much happier camper.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1512 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2015  6:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add matttheriley to your friends list
I plan to give it a soak after I crack it out. I'll take "after" pics.
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
23522 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2015  6:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SsuperDdave to your friends list
It may take a day or two, but all that yellow stuff at least should go away.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8904 Posts
 Posted 04/02/2015  9:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Moe145 to your friends list
Gooduck! I think you'll be pleasantly surprised!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1512 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2015  12:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add matttheriley to your friends list
Ok, here are the 'after' shots! I let it soak in acetone for a day and a half. I like it better!

What do you think?

I've posted a few with different lighting. This is a difficult coin to photograph.


Need-Help-Fast---What-Do-You-Think-Of-This-Coin?
Need-Help-Fast---What-Do-You-Think-Of-This-Coin?
Need-Help-Fast---What-Do-You-Think-Of-This-Coin?
Pillar of the Community
United States
7379 Posts
 Posted 04/10/2015  3:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add edweather to your friends list
Glad the glue went away.
Page 2 of 2   Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 3,748Next Topic Page 2 of 2
First Page  Showing last 15 replies.
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.


    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Forums