Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Royal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Specializing in Modern Numismatics Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin Auctions300,000 items to help build your collection! Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

2016 Natick And Gilbert Experimental Note Census Wanted

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
First Page Previous Page  Showing last 15 replies.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 98 / Views: 20,190Next Topic
Page: of 7
Pillar of the Community
United States
4637 Posts
 Posted 12/17/2018  4:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list
If I didn't already have, I'd be all over this. It's already at twice auction estimate.

https://currency.ha.com/itm/small-s...1851-82252.s
New Member
Canada
8 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2020  1:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dutchman48 to your friends list
If anyone is still working on this, I can supply scans of 3 Gilbert Notes with serial numbers C61069423A, 24A, and 25A as I used to own them.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4637 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2020  2:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list
@dutchman48, how did you end up with three consecutive examples, and where are they now ?
New Member
Canada
8 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2020  2:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dutchman48 to your friends list
I purchased as a set of 3 on ebay for cheap cheap, about $15. The dealer did not bother to check what he was selling.

They have been sold to collectors, one on ebay and the other 2 privately.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4637 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2020  3:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list
Thanks. If you have the images, please feel free to post them.
New Member
Canada
8 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2020  4:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dutchman48 to your friends list
Here they are


2016-Natick-And-Gilbert-Experimental-Note-Census-Wanted

2016-Natick-And-Gilbert-Experimental-Note-Census-Wanted

2016-Natick-And-Gilbert-Experimental-Note-Census-Wanted

2016-Natick-And-Gilbert-Experimental-Note-Census-Wanted

2016-Natick-And-Gilbert-Experimental-Note-Census-Wanted

2016-Natick-And-Gilbert-Experimental-Note-Census-Wanted
Pillar of the Community
United States
7734 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2020  5:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list
Nice notes!
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
196491 Posts
New Member
United States
1 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2022  10:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add frozensky to your friends list
Hello everyone. I just wanted to share my luck about a Natick note I purchased recently on ebay. The seller had no idea what he was selling. And it is a Mule note!!!

Pillar of the Community
United States
4637 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2022  01:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list
Welcome to CCF frozensky.
Please post a photo of the note.
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
196491 Posts
New Member
United States
2 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2026  03:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add swpa_n_at to your friends list
After further research, this is definitely a misattributed note and not a Natick note.

I'll be returning this to the dealer I purchased it from.

I know this is an old thread, but I recently acquired a PMG certified Natick Test Paper - Error (Cutting Error) that falls outside of the documented EH serial block and range. Posting her for discussion and any information anyone may have regarding this.

I posted this over on PaperMoneyForum as well, as I cannot find any documentation or research that mentions any Natick Test Paper notes (normal or errors) outside of the known documented block/range.


2016-Natick-And-Gilbert-Experimental-Note-Census-Wanted
Edited by swpa_n_at
09/27/2026 1:02 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
7734 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   02:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list
to the Community "swpa_n_at" ! We look forward to your continued active participation!
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
196491 Posts
 Posted Yesterday   09:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list

Quote:
After further research, this is definitely a misattributed note and not a Natick note. I'll be returning this to the dealer I purchased it from.
Bummer.
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
108114 Posts
Previous TopicReplies: 98 / Views: 20,190Next Topic
Page: of 7
First Page Previous Page  Showing last 15 replies.
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.


    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.6 seconds to rattle this change. Forums