Coin Community Family of Web Sites Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors
300,000 items to help build your collection! Vancouvers #1 Coin and Paper Money Dealer Coin, Banknote and Medal Collectors's Online Mall Join Thousands of Coin, Bullion, & Money Collectors Royal Estate Auctions - $1 Coin AuctionsRoyal Canadian Mint products, Canadian, Polish, American, and world coins and banknotes. Specializing in Modern Numismatics








Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?


This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.

Welcome Guest! Registering and/or logging in will remove the anchor (bottom) ads and the security checks. It's Free!

Anyone Get Foreign Coins In Rolls?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
First Page Previous Page  Showing last 15 replies.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 43 / Views: 3,639Next Topic Page 3 of 3
Bedrock of the Community
United States
79330 Posts
 Posted 11/01/2023  9:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list
Nice finds pound_foolish!
Errers and Varietys.
Valued Member
United States
185 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2026  4:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Roller42 to your friends list
Resurrecting this old thread (rather than starting a new one) to post the "ringers" I find box hunting. The Panama quarter balboas seem to be a popular substitute for quarters. Also came across a UK 10 pence.


Anyone-Get-Foreign-Coins-In-Rolls?
Anyone-Get-Foreign-Coins-In-Rolls?
Anyone-Get-Foreign-Coins-In-Rolls?
Anyone-Get-Foreign-Coins-In-Rolls?
Anyone-Get-Foreign-Coins-In-Rolls?
Anyone-Get-Foreign-Coins-In-Rolls?
"I like money. I can't believe you like money, too. We should hang out."
Frito

Member CONECA, Early American Coppers, NETCC
Bedrock of the Community
United States
79330 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2026  9:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list
Nice finds, Roller42.
Errers and Varietys.
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
196100 Posts
Valued Member
United States
185 Posts
 Posted 09/09/2026  10:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Roller42 to your friends list
This one showed up in a small dollar roll. For some reason, Loomis seems to have more foreign coins in their boxes than Garda or Brinks. Taiwan 10 New Dollars 2016, worth about 30 cents.

Anyone-Get-Foreign-Coins-In-Rolls?
Anyone-Get-Foreign-Coins-In-Rolls?
"I like money. I can't believe you like money, too. We should hang out."
Frito

Member CONECA, Early American Coppers, NETCC
Bedrock of the Community
United States
79330 Posts
 Posted 09/09/2026  10:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list
Nice find, Roller42.
Errers and Varietys.
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
196100 Posts
Valued Member
United States
327 Posts
 Posted 09/10/2026  5:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Marc Ingram to your friends list

Quote:
Anyone Get Foreign Coins In Rolls?


All the time!!

Anyone-Get-Foreign-Coins-In-Rolls?
Edited by Marc Ingram
09/10/2026 5:53 pm
Valued Member
United States
185 Posts
 Posted 09/10/2026  6:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Roller42 to your friends list
Loomis again! lol
"I like money. I can't believe you like money, too. We should hang out."
Frito

Member CONECA, Early American Coppers, NETCC
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19603 Posts
 Posted 09/10/2026  6:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list
Loomis is my friend...
Bedrock of the Community
United States
79330 Posts
 Posted 09/10/2026  9:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list
Marc Ingram,
Errers and Varietys.
Bedrock of the Community
United Kingdom
18861 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2026  04:41 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list
In the UK, banks supply coins in clear plastic bags, but some foreign coins still get through! Unfortunately most of them are a lower face value than the British coins they were masquerading as! In the days of the old round brass £1 coins that circulated from 1983 to 2017, I found Sri Lanka 5 rupee coins, New Zealand dollars and EU 20c coins in pound coin bags! I've had a Hungarian 10-forint coin (the wrong shape!) in a £10 bag of 50p coins! On the other hand I've occasionally made a bit of money, when I've found US and Canadian quarters in bags of 10p coins. US dimes occasionally turn up in bags of 5p coins.

Of course I also sometimes get coins from Guernsey, Jersey, the Isle of Man, Gibraltar, St Helena and the Falkland Islands, which I'm always happy to add to my collection!
Valued Member
United States
327 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2026  09:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Marc Ingram to your friends list

Quote:
In the UK, banks supply coins in clear plastic bags, but some foreign coins still get through! Unfortunately most of them are a lower face value than the British coins they were masquerading as! In the days of the old round brass £1 coins that circulated from 1983 to 2017, I found Sri Lanka 5 rupee coins, New Zealand dollars and EU 20c coins in pound coin bags! I've had a Hungarian 10-forint coin (the wrong shape!) in a £10 bag of 50p coins! On the other hand I've occasionally made a bit of money, when I've found US and Canadian quarters in bags of 10p coins. US dimes occasionally turn up in bags of 5p coins.

Of course I also sometimes get coins from Guernsey, Jersey, the Isle of Man, Gibraltar, St Helena and the Falkland Islands, which I'm always happy to add to my collection!


All the coins you mention (except American) I find, go right in the trash.

I wonder why that is?
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
196100 Posts
Moderator
Learn More...
United States
196100 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2026  10:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list

Quote:
Of course I also sometimes get coins from Guernsey, Jersey, the Isle of Man, Gibraltar, St Helena and the Falkland Islands, which I'm always happy to add to my collection!
Indeed!
Page 3 of 3   Previous TopicReplies: 43 / Views: 3,639Next Topic Page 3 of 3
First Page Previous Page  Showing last 15 replies.
To participate in the forum you must log in or register.


    




Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to rattle this change. Forums