A few years back I went to the local bank with a stack of old 1's and 2's that I had been holding onto for some reason. I thought they were 'priceless' too, but the bank only gave me about $40 for the stack!
I should have held onto them and tried my luck in the "rare bill" sweepstakes!
The sellers probably used the axiom, "its old, must be rare and valuable". The sellers were probably were not born while the bills were circulated. After all. some of the bills are 40-50 years. To a lot of young people, anything before their times, is ancient. Especially something they never seen before, so it is rare to them.
Also, the sellers coud be recent newcomers to Canada and never seen the bills before.
Quote: Apparently if you melt them they become 100 x more valuable.
There are so many listings on ebay now that make no sense. If I'm bored, I like to search the Canadian paper money category and list by highest price first. There are so many common notes listed with extraordinary prices.
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use