| Author |
Replies: 19 / Views: 1,131 |
Page 2 of 2
|
|
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
6196 Posts |
Well since I'm already a bit off topic with the bar, here is the double struck round. 1988 Year of the Dragon AMC Mint 1oz Round - Double Struck  
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
79639 Posts |
Nice Double Struck round, tropicalbats! 
Errers and Varietys.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
1503 Posts |
Sweet! 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
6906 Posts |
If that was the result, I cannot imagine the racket that rectangular bar made in the machine. A really unusual and visually compelling piece.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
4136 Posts |
Sounds like there is a market for those but no real educational documentation. I think if you continue your research you will be renowned not only here but elsewhere as well. Thank you for sharing your wealth of knowledge.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
2260 Posts |
That's cool. Never seen that on a bar.
|
|
Moderator
 United States
108187 Posts |
very cool errors TB 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
6196 Posts |
Thanks for the kind comments! I honestly don't know how many of these types of things might even be on the market, as the private mints could easily cull them out if they wanted to. And I'm guessing they do, as very few seem to be out there for sale. But certainly they are large and showy errors so likely they get put away in collections quickly if they do come up.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
2889 Posts |
It never occurred to me that there were bar & round errors.... very cool! Thanks for sharing TB. 
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196572 Posts |
Very interesting! 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
1770 Posts |
|
|
Moderator
 United States
15959 Posts |
I as well had no idea that such private mint errors would exist - but now that TB showed us these really cool errors I'm impressed. Great errors TB - thank you for sharing them with us. 
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.jk-dk.art
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
6196 Posts |
No problem! I get in some odd stuff once in a while and fun to share.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
9021 Posts |
Very cool finds! You run across the neatest stuff, always fun. 
-makecents-
|
|
Valued Member
United States
345 Posts |
Thanks for sharing ... Love the images !
|
|
Page 2 of 2
|
Replies: 19 / Views: 1,131 |
Page 2 of 2
|