| Author |
Replies: 143 / Views: 9,866 |
|
|
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
1850 Posts |
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
3363 Posts |
Added 2012-P to my Census!
Thank you!
|
|
Moderator
 United States
107684 Posts |
nice one snailking! 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
1850 Posts |
Thank You, Dearborn
I'm actually finding that FFD seems somewhat common on dimes after 2020. I've found mostly minor to very minor - but they're there.
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
3363 Posts |
Quote: I'm actually finding that FFD seems somewhat common on dimes after 2020. I've found mostly minor to very minor - but they're there. The appearance of being common correlates with Schuler Presses seeing Dial Feeders installed. The horizontal stroke Schuler Press has been the predominate Press used in the 21st century. The first Schuler Presses arrived at the mint before October, 1987 and most likely operated with a Pusher Feeding Mechanism, since Schuler was not assigned a Dial Feeder Patent until 2018. The Patent for the Pusher Mechanism was granted June 10, 1969. Dial Feeders on Schuler Presses went into use around 2018. Circulating coin presses are primarily Schuler MRH 150 press. MRH stands for Münz-Prägepresse, Rund, Horizontal, which translates from German to "Minting Press, Round, Horizontal". 150 refers to the press's maximum coining force or capacity, which is 150 metric tons)
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
1850 Posts |
Thank You, Pete! That explains (and aligns with) my limited experience searching dimes 
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196114 Posts |
Quote: Another minor FFD. 2012-P Dime Very nice! 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
1850 Posts |
Thank You, jbuck 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
1850 Posts |
Pete; This 1995-P Nickel is beat up, has a lot of polishing lines, etc, but I believe both sides still show FFD I am assuming that condition doesn't matter for your purposes.    
|
|
Pillar of the Community
 United States
3363 Posts |
Quote: am assuming that condition doesn't matter for your purposes. Correct! Thanks!
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196114 Posts |
Excellent! 
|
|
Pillar of the Community
United States
1850 Posts |
Thank You, jbuck! I think I'd better start keeping track of what coins I share here, so as to not repeat myself! 2017-P Dime  
|
|
Bedrock of the Community
United States
79408 Posts |
Nice examples, snailking1. 
Errers and Varietys.
|
|
Moderator
 United States
107684 Posts |
|
|
Moderator
 United States
196114 Posts |
Quote: I think I'd better start keeping track of what coins I share here, so as to not repeat myself! A good spreadsheet is your friend.  Quote: 2017-P Dime Very nice! 
|
|
|
Replies: 143 / Views: 9,866 |
|